Anyone hunt LBL quota hunts?

bowhunterfanatic

I hunted the Sat draw hunt. Didn't hunt on Sunday. Heard 1 bird gobble one time...think he may have gotten shot. Heard one other bird gobble maybe 10-15 times on the ground over the course of 2+ hours and never was able to get any response from him. We walked over 10 miles from daylight until around 2p.m. Saturday afternoon and found virtually 0 turkey sign other than the one area where we got around a gobbler. Ended up hearing 3 shots, two of which came from the same gun so that was possibly a miss. Talked to a buddy of mine yesterday who has years of turkey hunting experience up there. He heard 6 different birds Friday morning. Saturday he heard 0 and ditto on Sunday. He also saw plenty of hogs. He also said he never heard the first gun shot but had a buddy hunting there that thought he heard 2 distant shots. I'll probably continue putting in for the draw, but only because it's the only chance I get to hunt that type of hardwood terrain, not because I expect to actually kill a turkey.

BigAl

I hunted the Sat draw hunt. Didn't hunt on Sunday. Heard 1 bird gobble one time...think he may have gotten shot. Heard one other bird gobble maybe 10-15 times on the ground over the course of 2+ hours and never was able to get any response from him. We walked over 10 miles from daylight until around 2p.m. Saturday afternoon and found virtually 0 turkey sign other than the one area where we got around a gobbler. Ended up hearing 3 shots, two of which came from the same gun so that was possibly a miss. Talked to a buddy of mine yesterday who has years of turkey hunting experience up there. He heard 6 different birds Friday morning. Saturday he heard 0 and ditto on Sunday. He also saw plenty of hogs. He also said he never heard the first gun shot but had a buddy hunting there that thought he heard 2 distant shots. I'll probably continue putting in for the draw, but only because it's the only chance I get to hunt that type of hardwood terrain, not because I expect to actually kill a turkey.
Thanks for the info. This about mirrors our experience.

Latest posts