anyone have a POF revolution 308

Speedwell-Hunter

I ask because, POF technical just told me as I am considering this gun, that it needs cleaning around 400 rounds. ideas?

Last edited:

DaveTN

My AR-10 is not POF; it's a DPMS. However….I've shot 200-300 rounds in a range session, maybe more. Never had any issues and wouldn't expect to at that low of a count. Of course to do that now would cost close to if not over $400.

In before the "I don't ever clean my AR" crowd. 🤣

Speedwell-Hunter

I don't have one but I would hate to have an AR that I had to clean every 80 rounds? Seems excessive?
Well that's why I don't think I'm going to get one now but I am really sad about that I don't know what brand to get now I want one where I don't have to screw with it

DaveTN

Well that's why I don't think I'm going to get one now but I am really sad about that I don't know what brand to get now I want one where I don't have to screw with it
Palmetto State Armory, S&W, DPMS, I wouldn't worry about any of the big names. If you are just going to buy it and shoot it you don't run any more risk of a problem than you would with any new gun. I clean every gun I have after every range session.

There is no specification for a 7.62 AR, but that shouldn't be an issue unless you want to start swapping out components. .308 Winchester is my favorite rifle caliber, get one, shoot it, and have fun.

It's a gun, so if you buy it right and don't like it, you sell it for what you have in it; nothing lost.

ImThere

Palmetto State Armory, S&W, DPMS, I wouldn't worry about any of the big names. If you are just going to buy it and shoot it you don't run any more risk of a problem than you would with any new gun. I clean every gun I have after every range session.

There is no specification for a 7.62 AR, but that shouldn't be an issue unless you want to start swapping out components. .308 Winchester is my favorite rifle caliber, get one, shoot it, and have fun.

It's a gun, so if you buy it right and don't like it, you sell it for what you have in it; nothing lost.
Dave,
How many rounds do you shoot at a range session?
I clean my guns after a range session but I don't have any AR's.
I have friends that I go shooting with that easily put 500 rounds down the tube during a range session.

DaveTN

Dave,
How many rounds do you shoot at a range session?
I clean my guns after a range session but I don't have any AR's.
I have friends that I go shooting with that easily put 500 rounds down the tube during a range session.
I've shot 200 to 300 in a session with my 308 AR, maybe more. Maybe 400 or more in my .223. But anymore, not more than about 100 due to the shortage and the cost. I've never had a malfunction in either rifle. DPMS 308 Recon LR-GII and a S&W M&P15T. That's all with factory ammo. I just got into reloading and haven't shot and reloads yet. I'm obsessive compulsive about cleaning everything I shoot within a few days.

ImThere

I've shot 200 to 300 in a session with my 308 AR, maybe more. Maybe 400 or more in my .223. But anymore, not more than about 100 due to the shortage and the cost. I've never had a malfunction in either rifle. DPMS 308 Recon LR-GII and a S&W M&P15T. That's all with factory ammo. I just got into reloading and haven't shot and reloads yet. I'm obsessive compulsive about cleaning everything I shoot within a few days.
Awesome, I thought cleaning after 80 rounds was excessive.

TN Song Dog

They make a piston driven version of the revolution. That's what I would look at POF for, otherwise there are other DI brands to consider. Maybe the Tech guy was trying to point you away from the DI version and towards the PD version?

backyardtndeer

Buy or build yourself an aero precision 308 or 6.5cm. For the money, they are imo the best you will find. Maintaining however is part of owning any gun.

jaybird62

If you want to buy one once and shoot it until it needs a new barrel, get a JP. The POF rifles have a different chamber than a normal .308 AR. They're similar to an H&K 91. If you shoot some foreign military ammo that's got a case coating, it will transfer to the chamber walls and gum up the works. If you want to read about one of the many JP rifles I've tested, check out my blog.

Latest posts