Anyone have a 16in bbl 20g?

megalomaniac

Thinking hard about chopping off one of my 870s to 16in and rethreading. With TSS, I'm thinking I can still get decent patterns (175/200) at 40y. Good enough for me when I hunt spots that are usually 25 to 30y max.

Anybody done this yet?

tnanh

I have a single shot cva cut to 20 inches. Everybody said dont do it but I did anyway. Does a super even 138 consistently and I only shoot hevi 13 7s in it. I dont see why 16 inches with tss shouldnt do fine. I have a bunch of remington 20 gauge chokes you can try and several tru-choke which is probably what they will thread it for. You may can get lucky and find a 181/2 inch Remington barrel. They used to build one for a 20.

hillbillyfab

It would be interesting to see if there is much of a difference in patterns between a 16" and 18", but is it worth a tax stamp to find out? That would be for you to decide. Personally I'd stay at 18.5" and save the money for other things.

Roost 1

I had my M2 cut from 24 to 19 with no noticeable difference in pattern. Typically shorter barrels like tighter chokes.
Not worth the tax stamp to me to go shorter plus I would not recommend tru choke threads. They are very thin and with a tight choke more likely to blow out the barrel.
A good gunsmith can tell you over the phone how to measure your barrel to know how short you can go and still use Invector(winchoke) threads.

Latest posts