Anyone had any luck

tn droptine

I had jmb4wd plant about three acres on my place this past spring. Honestly, I will never plant it again - weeds took over and there is nothing that can be done. I emailed WI and they said there is no herbicide that will work, since the Powerplant mix contains both broadleaf and grass-based plants. Basically you plant it and pray that weeds don't take over.

The milo came up strong, but that is about it - lots of thistle came up. And the Powerplant was planted on an established area - the year before we had Eagle soybeans planted.

45min. to the stand

It is about 28% ryegrass, so if you think you can get anything else going or get some lime back there than dont do it. I hear that stuff takes over and you have to burn it down with a general herbicide and start over...

Hunter 257W

I've planted No Plow several times. It's name tells the story. It's really for places where you can't get tillage equipment or for hunters who don't have any equipment. It consists of plants that are easy to establish as long as they get direct contact with bare dirt.

What I like about it is the fact that it will stay green and growing all Winter. It has the grasses as already have been mentioned but the more prominent plant is the brassica. There are also some annual clovers. The deer are eating most of the clover in mine and for the 1st time ever deer are eating the brassica. However I've got another patch of No Plow about 1/3 mile away that they are mostly ignoring but it has very little surrounding cover. I would expect them to eat it at night though but being deer, they do what they want even when it makes no sense. :)

It is true that if you get weeds in No Plow, there is no poison to kill the weeds that won't also kill some or all of the No Plow. But that's true with most plant mixes so I don't see that as a negative. I still prefer a mix over just one plant variety most of the time. With a one plant plot if the deer don't like it or weather or some other natural disaster kills your one plant variety, then you have nothing.