Anyone going to the meeting today?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Nothing mentioned about fixing the access to some blinds, especially those that currently require 2 boats, or are hard to access depending on water levels. I feel it should have been mentioned at least. I do think it was a good idea to eliminate a few blinds that were too close together, probably should have been a few on other WMAs done away with besides just Camden.

West_Tn

The guy let it slip that the prototype blind has already been built too. Now I don't think you build a $27,000 prototype blind before a vote unless you already know how that vote is going to go.

drake799

I came in on the part where they were discussing taking out a good blind and leaving a bad one Had a very knowledgeable local telling them what was up and that it would take a good amount of work to even get it hunt able. Could tell the guy on their side didn't really know what he was talking about but they basically blew the local off. They never were gonna listen to the public lol. Today's events were a complete sham

Hduke86

I came in on the part where they were discussing taking out a good blind and leaving a bad one Had a very knowledgeable local telling them what was up and that it would take a good amount of work to even get it hunt able. Could tell the guy on their side didn't really know what he was talking about but they basically blew the local off. They never were gonna listen to the public lol. Today's events were a complete sham
It was pretty evident when the commissioner said we rather go with the twra instead of someone that's been out there for years and hundreds of times

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just gotta smdh.

The biggest argument for twra has always been the money from the pitman robertson whatever can't be grabbed by crooked politicians because they receive no general fund money.
Last thing we need is politics getting into the running of twra.
Hmmm, yeah well guess what, too late.

What little I could stomach to watch yesterday was two bullies basically saying we gonna do what I want and piss on the rest of you.

I have the utmost respect for every twra employee I have ever encoutered, minus 2, but this shows me more than ever it's time to do away with the COMMISION and I suppose that means twra too, and go with a totally different system where at least when they do something like this we can say, well what do you expect it's run by crooked politicans.

Lastly, this entire fiasco wasn't about providing more opportunities. It was about the stopping of the selling of duck blinds at Camden.
So instead of using their bully power to force judges to make cases they decide to screw up duck hunting in the entire state just so they can say they won.
Makes me sick.
🖕 🖕 🖕

cmn

Did it seem odd and somewhat fake to anyone else the people showing up that were in favor and just praising TWRA over and over. All called on first and allowed to speak as long as they wanted.
everyone was given 3 minutes or so....more showed up to speak in favor than not. The survey said the same...no doubt change sucks. The prototype is being built for an individual anyway...they were using it to show

cmn

Honestly, I agree with the selling being the main reason. That's where the blame needs to be placed. Thank the ones who bought blinds every year. TWRA finally had enough.
For sure that is a major problem but also for years it has frustrated hunters from all regions not to have a chance a few times in their life to hunt public blinds in their own state

cmn

How do you figure that? They added a bunch of spots back in to the 60 day draws. They have a choice to go with their area manager or listen to a very experienced hunter. They listened but in the end they should listen to the man in charge of the area. Less than 8% of all blinds affected....

JDUB

So what 2 Commissioners bullied through? Do we know who voted what way? I did not watch the video btw.

Headhunter

Honestly, I agree with the selling being the main reason. That's where the blame needs to be placed. Thank the ones who bought blinds every year. TWRA finally had enough.
Yep, it is illegal to sale a blind drawn obtained through a drawing (a guide can charge people to hunt though) but a rich commissioner (and I believe it is a couple of them) decides to push through a proposal because the rich guy is to lazy to build and maintain a blind? A proposal that they are not sure how to implement, where the law enforcement is coming from, pick a blind and show a video of how bad it is and propose no blind hopping in PUBLICLY owned blinds paid for by tax payers and even when a couple commissioners have common sense and say we need to back off and be sure about this, they get shot down. A proposal that when a knowledgeable hunter educates them on the location of blinds that kill ducks and blinds that don't but the commission says we will listen to the area manager instead of the hunters who are in the blinds everyday? Complete idiocy.

Some, if not several, of the TWRA built blinds will be as bad or worse than the blind in the video quickly. Don't think so? Go to most any public hunting area and look at the parking areas, boat ramps, campgrounds, etc. Some are great and stay clean, but many aren't. The TWRA has the man power to "police" all the duck blinds? Really? So glad they have over a million dollars of tax payer money to throw around and now charge the hunter more money to get a chance to draw a place to hunt.

Maybe the dumbest thing the TWRA has ever done and I though that would be hard to do.

West_Tn

Yep, it is illegal to sale a blind drawn obtained through a drawing (a guide can charge people to hunt though) but a rich commissioner (and I believe it is a couple of them) decides to push through a proposal because the rich guy is to lazy to build and maintain a blind? A proposal that they are not sure how to implement, where the law enforcement is coming from, pick a blind and show a video of how bad it is and propose no blind hopping in PUBLICLY owned blinds paid for by tax payers and even when a couple commissioners have common sense and say we need to back off and be sure about this, they get shot down. A proposal that when a knowledgeable hunter educates them on the location of blinds that kill ducks and blinds that don't but the commission says we will listen to the area manager instead of the hunters who are in the blinds everyday? Complete idiocy.

Some, if not several, of the TWRA built blinds will be as bad or worse than the blind in the video quickly. Don't think so? Go to most any public hunting area and look at the parking areas, boat ramps, campgrounds, etc. Some are great and stay clean, but many aren't. The TWRA has the man power to "police" all the duck blinds? Really? So glad they have over a million dollars of tax payer money to throw around and now charge the hunter more money to get a chance to draw a place to hunt.

Maybe the dumbest thing the TWRA has ever done and I though that would be hard to do.

Now now...the poor TWRA officers are going wear another hat now that solves all this. They will now also be janitors. These blinds are going to be inspected, maintained, and cleaned regularly. 😂

drake799

everyone was given 3 minutes or so....more showed up to speak in favor than not. The survey said the same...no doubt change sucks. The prototype is being built for an individual anyway...they were using it to show
I'm sure you think Biden won fair and square as well lol.

drake799

How do you figure that? They added a bunch of spots back in to the 60 day draws. They have a choice to go with their area manager or listen to a very experienced hunter. They listened but in the end they should listen to the man in charge of the area. Less than 8% of all blinds affected....
And the experienced Hunter had probably been hunting that bottom longer than that area manager has been alive They weren't gonna make their guy look bad in front of everyone.

If everyone wanted more blinds that way then why did they go and remove them and change them back to tier 1. That is because the complaints far out weighed the people in agreement.

Latest posts