Anyone from Signal Mountain or near by?

Vermin93

My mom just moved to Signal Mountain and I will be visiting several times a year - more frequently during deer and turkey seasons ;-).

Anyways, I am looking for suggestions on restaurants, sports bars, coffee shops, grocery stores and any other good local establishments in the immediate area. Is the Pepper Jack's place any good? Thanks.

eightpointer

If you wanna come off the mtn. jump downtown to Bea's Restaurant. Not the best part of town but the eats are top notch. At the bottom of the mtn. you have a Wal-Mart, Krystal, and a few more places. Now here is the best part...come down the back side of the mtn and get a free meal with MUP..or better yet..come down the front side and head north on 27 to get a free meal with TennesseeRains.

laserman

Yes it's still open. We have grocery store and ace hardwear on mountain and Bilo at the bottom. McDonald's, subway and other places to eat also 2 mex resturants ( one has 32 oz cold beer for $3.) you can hunt on prentice cooper state forest on the mountain which is not wma. Open during general hunting season.

laserman

Pepper jacks has fried chicken livers, turnip frees, pintos, and cornbread as their special every wed. Other food is good also. Gin gins has good pulled pork sandwich. You can fish the tn river which is at bottom of mountain. Did I mention the $3 beers.

MUP

Supporter
eightpointer said:
If you wanna come off the mtn. jump downtown to Bea's Restaurant. Not the best part of town but the eats are top notch. At the bottom of the mtn. you have a Wal-Mart, Krystal, and a few more places. Now here is the best part...come down the back side of the mtn and get a free meal with MUP..or better yet..come down the front side and head north on 27 to get a free meal with TennesseeRains.

MUP who? :confused: :grin:

Vermin93

strutandrut said:
Give me a yell when you are up here. I can give you the grand tour. It'll take about 30 seconds, then we can have a beer.

A tour would be great. I hope to be back during turkey season. The balcony on my mom's new apartment faces Prentice Cooper and I heard a few shotguns go off early Saturday morning from that direction, so there must be birds over there. I found the big draft beers at the Mexican restaurant. That's a good deal right there. The food wasn't bad either. The place was packed. Didn't get a chance to try Shuford's, but it looks like a winner for BBQ. I saw another BBQ place just down the street from it towards the Walmart. Can't remember the name of it.

What's up with that white house that looks like a flying saucer? Easily one of the strangest homes I've ever seen.

Latest posts