• Help Support TNDeer:

Anyone farm?

Blackbullet

There's a Fellow named Joey Long near Revilo Tn who sells angus. Big heard. Great guy to deal with and good prices if anyone is looking to buy angus.

Blackbullet

Retired from row crop this year
I'm friends with some of the Goode family that row crops near minor hill TN. I never done any row cropping. I think I would have enjoyed it if I could have got into it at a younger age but I just about past the age of starting out into something on that large of a scale.

Displaced_Vol

First calf of the year froze to death Monday.

Bad timing, got them in the barn and warmed up the calf and left them. Nice little 60 lb bwf heifer was up and looked good. Bright and alert, standing good ready to nurse. Some time after I left, after the heavy snow moved back in, the momma cow took calf in tow back out of the barn. By the time I got back down to check them again, just couple hours after I had last been down there, it was too late. Once the ground thaws, got to dig a hole.

Between 5 momma cows and 4 heifers, hopefully will have some start putting calves on the ground soon.
I’m no expert by any means but in what little I do know it seems that’s the way it goes. They just have to calve on the wettest, coldest nastiest days.

backyardtndeer

I’m no expert by any means but in what little I do know it seems that’s the way it goes. They just have to calve on the wettest, coldest nastiest days.
The way it goes some times. That was an experienced cow too, she should have kept the calf in the barn. She had hay and was dry and out of the wind.

Young cow put a healthy bwf bull on the ground this morning. Much better outlook with this week's weather.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Displaced_Vol

The way it goes some times. That was an experienced cow too, she should have kept the calf in the barn. She had hay and was dry and out of the wind.

Young cow put a healthy bwf bull on the ground this morning. Much better outlook with this week's weather.
I like the white faced ones.