Anyone carry revolvers?

moondawg

Anyone like/carry revolvers?

For some reason, I gravitate towards them more so than semi autos. I remember when I was starting out shooting handguns many moons ago, I liked revolvers. Even when Glocks were all the rage. My favorite revolver to rent was a S&W Model 10 with 4" barrel. It was just plain fun to shoot. Sadly, I was never able to buy one.

I have a 2.25" barrel Ruger SP101 in 357 mag. I rented one years ago when I qualified for my handgun permit, shooting 38 specials. I did well with it and liked it. I remember thinking I had to buy one...but opted for the Springfield Armory XD subcompact in 9mm instead. During the next few years, I always thought about that SP101 I rented, and how much I liked it. I found myself renting revolvers even thought I had a 9mm semi auto. So one day for my birthday, I bought at Ruger SP101. And loved that gun ever since.

My next handgun purchase will be a Ruger GP 100 in 4" barrel.

DaveTN

I carried revolvers both on and off duty for years, but not anymore. A 4" S&W 686 is my night stand handgun, but all my carry guns are now semi-autos, with the exception of a J-Frame every once in awhile.

Revolvers are my favorite range guns and the most accurate of my handguns.

I think like a lot of people I feel that modern plastic semi-autos are just tools, whereas revolvers and metal frame semi-auto's like the 1911 are special.

grill-n-man2

I love a wheel gun. There is just something about them. Carry one a lot. Like the J frame size probably the best. Bought a SP101 when they first came out and wished I had it back. A wheel gun just flat out works and is simple to operate and maintain. If it doesn't go bang then pull the trigger again. If it don't go bang twice you empty simple. The truth is for the average person looking for a carry gun, semi autos is what they see and hear about the most. So that's generally where they gravitate to. A lot of marketing for the need for a semi that holds 100 rounds these days.

ROVERBOY

I don't actually carry but, got a Taurus 605 .357 in my Silverado. My first centerfire handgun was, and is a Ruger Security Six. I get mad when I lose brass shooting a semi auto.

Lt.Dan

My bear gun during hunting season.
20230315_174750.jpg

FTG-05

S&W Scandium framed 329PD. Don't carry it much anymore, but it was my EDC from April 2011 to Jan. 2019:

Vsokn53.jpg

kQoTYua.jpg

Those wooden grips look great! "Look" being the operative word here. Shooting full power .44 Mag loads is like getting your hand hit with a baseball bat. 🤮

I've since replaced them rubber grips that cover the backstrap.

Snowwolfe

S&W Scandium framed 329PD. Don't carry it much anymore, but it was my EDC from April 2011 to Jan. 2019:

Vsokn53.jpg

kQoTYua.jpg

Those wooden grips look great! "Look" being the operative word here. Shooting full power .44 Mag loads is like getting your hand hit with a baseball bat. 🤮

I've since replaced them rubber grips that cover the backstrap.
The most brutal recoil of any big bore revolver I ever owned!
Worse than a 500 S&W and 500 JRH by a wide margin.

348Winchester

I frequently carry a Smith model 57 41 mag Mountain Gun with a 4 inch barrel. I sometimes tote a Smith model 1905 M&P 38 special as well as an I frame Smith in 32 S&W long. That little 32 is extremely accurate with full wadcutters. I shot a coyote out the car window at about 75 yards with it. Hit him just where I was aiming. He dropped like a stone and the very audible smack of the bullet smashing into its shoulder was magnificent.

Specializedjon

What holster do you use for your 38? I have my dad's S & W 38 airweight model 637 I'd like to carry. Nice and light and very accurate. I replaced the springs which really made a difference.
I carry it in a simple IWB leather holster. I only have the one Kimber included with the gun. Works fine for now. I'm sure I'll get 15 different configurations eventually.

Those airweights are nice to carry. I hear people all the time talking about the recoil with airweight revolvers. My standard reply is

"you won't feel the recoil when you NEED to use it" (not talkin about range time)

Latest posts