Anyone carry revolvers?

iowavf

I carry it in a simple IWB leather holster. I only have the one Kimber included with the gun. Works fine for now. I'm sure I'll get 15 different configurations eventually.

Those airweights are nice to carry. I hear people all the time talking about the recoil with airweight revolvers. My standard reply is

"you won't feel the recoil when you NEED to use it" (not talkin about range time)
Agree. I really don't notice it being too bad. I have the smaller wood grips he bought for it but my hands aren't huge either. At 10 yards if I use the hammer, I'm inside a one inch circle on the target, if I don't use the hammer some are in and some just outside it.

DaveTN

Agree. I really don't notice it being too bad. I have the smaller wood grips he bought for it but my hands aren't huge either. At 10 yards if I use the hammer, I'm inside a one inch circle on the target, if I don't use the hammer some are in and some just outside it.
Shooting inside 1" with a J Frame, even single action, at 30 feet is very impressive. 👍

Specializedjon

Now....sprint a 100 ft., roll twice and then pop up and shoot. This will be about a half of the adrenaline dump that you'll have to contend with in a real life situation. I have drills that I do every time I'm at the range to get my heart rate up. Static shooting is a good baseline to get to know your weapon but adding cardio drills to your session will give you a better idea of YOUR capabilities when your heart rate is up.

Good groups nonetheless. Impressive.

iowavf

Shooting inside 1" with a J Frame, even single action, at 30 feet is very impressive. 👍
Adding the spring kit was like night and day. I was not that accurate before I replaced the springs and know it was me pulling it. Replaced the ones on my Taurus 44 mag I deer hunt with too. Big difference in that gun also, even though I'm usually shooting it off a rest.

knightrider

Now....sprint a 100 ft., roll twice and then pop up and shoot. This will be about a half of the adrenaline dump that you'll have to contend with in a real life situation. I have drills that I do every time I'm at the range to get my heart rate up. Static shooting is a good baseline to get to know your weapon but adding cardio drills to your session will give you a better idea of YOUR capabilities when your heart rate is up.

Good groups nonetheless. Impressive.
Sprint a 100 feet? I wont need a gun , i will be dead from heart failure 😂

ThorThor

Scandium 5 shot SW 340PD 12 Oz 357 magnum. Yes you don't want to shoot full power 357 without a mechanics glove on. There is not a better shorts gun or summer gun. Lots of power in a small package.

Terrier

My first pistol was a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 I got in the early 80's. When I shot it regularly, I could offhand a 25 yard group the size of a silver dollar. Still have it, and still love it, although I don't shoot it as much anymore. The sights aren't as easy to see as they once were.

Latest posts