Anyone Braving Thursday and Friday's Cold?

Mike Belt

I've only done 1 field hunt this season so far and that was this past Sunday morning in the rain. I've yet to hunt the first afternoon. I think I'm going to sit this same field Thursday afternoon. Going into this cold front the deer may come out and feed on the young wheat.

Buzzard Breath

I need to get some meat in the freezer, so I'll be out some both days. I'll be getting to our hunting property Thursday just before dark, so I'll probably just hunt right in the back yard. Friday, I'll be sitting on the side of a ridge deep in the woods. Handwarmers, footwarmers, three layers of clothes. I'm 6' tall, 160 pounds, but I'll look like the Michelin Man sitting out there with so many layers on. I HATE THE COLD!!!

dburt

Buzzard Breath":1sosjd0h said:
I need to get some meat in the freezer, so I'll be out some both days. I'll be getting to our hunting property Thursday just before dark, so I'll probably just hunt right in the back yard. Friday, I'll be sitting on the side of a ridge deep in the woods. Handwarmers, footwarmers, three layers of clothes. I'm 6' tall, 160 pounds, but I'll look like the Michelin Man sitting out there with so many layers on. I HATE THE COLD!!!

Same! Except add my huge IceBreaker boot covers. :) I was really quite the laugh last time I went - up in my tree stand, first time using my safety harness so a bit of figuring out how to get situated with that, multiple layers, boot covers, hot hands in me pockets, two face masks under my orange cap....but I was TOASTY, and plan to be Thursday as well. :pop:

This is the last week to hunt Cordell Hull WMA so I'm gonna take one more crack at it. Good luck to all the brave...and also to all the Michelin Men.

Headhunter

I hunt some portion of every single day of the season. Weather (wind, no wind, rain, slow, sleet, wrong direction wind or right direction wind, etc.) makes no difference as to whether or not I will hunt.

catman529

I'll be braving the cold at work wishing I was sitting in a crp field with hothands in my pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMD

I haven't decided. I only have 1 doe tag in my proverbial pocket, can't decide if I want to deal with the frigid weather or not. I guess it kind of depends on my hunting partner. He's still got a buck tag left. If he wants to go, I may go too.

Dbllunger

Definitely will be there Friday and Saturday mornings. I learned a long time ago to put the majority of your money into quality clothing that will keep you warm and dry. If your not comfortable then hunting ceases to be fun. I hunt for fun.

Hunter 257W

I'd go if work wasn't in the way. Going to be off the rest of the season after next Tuesday so deer hunting is really just about to start for me. Since mid December is when the rut really gets going in my area I don't mind waiting.

Latest posts