Anybody set up to keep a minnow supply at home?

woodyard

I am thinking of trying to keep a big supply of minnows at home during this winter and spring.wondering if any body wholesales them in WTN. Probably have to buy from a place in AR and get shipped by FedX.

What is your setup if you do this?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I used to work with a guy that bought talapia in the fall when they were real cheap and used stock water tanks to hold them in till spring so he could use them to feed his bass.

All I know is he had some kind of heating device and of course an aerator of some kind.
I will see if I can get in touch with him and get some details.

bluball

If your in West tn here's a place
3d66c5bb96a4e86ef29719025d9a5c06.jpg

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Daniel90

I use a cooler and aerator can keep a 2 pounds alive for weeks in one cooler. The key to having a small tank like I run is to change water ever three days. I have also used a old deep freeze for a good tank too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

We used to keep several on hand in an old freezer with a hanging fan style aerator always had shiners ready to go catch smallies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SES

I kept 5 bait minnows alive for over a year in a fish tank along with my son's goldfish. Craigslist usually has 30-50 gallon tanks for cheap. They ate good fish flakes and did well. My sister in law's grandson killed them when he dumped a whole container of fish food in the tank when no one was looking.

Latest posts