Anybody on here have a Captain’s license?

7mm08

I just want the " six pack " I think. I DO NOT want to guide, or charge money. I just want to learn a little more and keep my brain from rotting.

Where does one go or is it all online now?

Thanks

WTM

ive been studying some but havent taken the test. i ordered the study materials but i think before i take it im going to take the course in person.

check the yacht clubs in your area. the one in nashville holds classes and gives the test. chattanooga used to have classes but dont know if they still do.

chimneyman

I had one for about 15 years. If your not using it to make money it becomes a real hassle . Mandatory drug screening within a certain time (didn't worry about that) but still waste half a day. I think every few years you will need a physical that's pretty in depth Doctors hated doing these. I would take an actual class not sure if online course would cover everything .when I did mine about 25% did not pass

7mm08

I had one for about 15 years. If your not using it to make money it becomes a real hassle . Mandatory drug screening within a certain time (didn't worry about that) but still waste half a day. I think every few years you will need a physical that's pretty in depth Doctors hated doing these. I would take an actual class not sure if online course would cover everything .when I did mine about 25% did not pass
Drug screen? They don't even do that for ANY medical profession!!!!! Ha!

I've been jumping thru hoops for 35 years to stay a Nationally & state certified PA so nothing new.

Thanks

Pilchard

I had a six pack years ago. I took it through a company called sea school. Not sure if they still exist.

You might be able to take the class without paying the fees to acquire the license.

If you are looking for ideas to keep your brain occupied, just trailer your Scout to Boca Grande next spring and spend a month driving yourself crazy trying to catch tarpon.

Latest posts