Anybody here fish below Percy Priest Dam?

Mossy Oak

Just about every time I pass Percy Priest Dam on I40 I can see people fishing below it. Does anyone here fish there? If so, what all is caught around there? I have always wanted to try it.

northeasthunter

They stocked it with trout last friday, so right now im sure thats what the majority of people are fishing for. I know they catch a pretty wide variety of fish below there when the waters up.

BDS05

I've bowfished all between the Cumberland and Priest dam multiple times. Never carried a rod.

Damfishing

Right now the only thing there catching there near the dam is trout, but in a couple of weeks when it gets warmer the white bass and stripers will be in there in stacks while generating.
Best time to fish there is in the summer when the gates are open, you can alot of stripers in a couple of feet of water.
Hope this help!!!

Mossy Oak

Damfishing said:
Right now the only thing there catching there near the dam is trout, but in a couple of weeks when it gets warmer the white bass and stripers will be in there in stacks while generating.
Best time to fish there is in the summer when the gates are open, you can alot of stripers in a couple of feet of water.
Hope this help!!!

Excellent! Thank you very much for the help!

Latest posts