Anybody got a good suggestions for bear meat?

FLIPPER

Poser...next dump bear that I get in Canada...you can fix all the dumplings you want.

It doesn't have anything to do with whether someone knows how to prepare it.

tn/kyhunter

My cousin gave me a big roast last winter and I slow cooked it for about 8-9 hrs and it was absolutly awesome, my 5 yr old 4 at the time dug into it and would not stop eating it. I've been told thats the only way to cook it. I loved it. :)

A

Anonymous

I also roast mine.. Mix up a bit of Red Wine and Garlic..Onion and some spices and slow cook it for 7-8 hours..And we LOVE it..Course mine aren't coming from dumps but from the Mountains of Pa.

FLIPPER

Poser said:
FLIPPER said:
Poser...next dump bear that I get in Canada...you can fix all the dumplings you want.

It doesn't have anything to do with whether someone knows how to prepare it.

Why on earth would you waste your time hunting a bear that you can't eat?
I understand that the you do not want to eat bear's in the NW during Salmon season as they will taste like the red tide, however, a bear from the Hills of TN and NC lives off a diet that should make them ideal for eating. In this setting, the people who claim that "bear taste like a wet dog", or "its only good for dog food" really need to learn how to cook, or befriend someone who knows how to cook. It may not be as versatile a pig, but you sure can make some tasty dishes.

Just to kill.

Its not a waste of my time...I enjoy killing them...its fun and it makes the dumps safer for the the folk who frequent there.

But as I stated...you are welcome to ALL the bear meat from our kills from there. ;)

Latest posts