Any thoughts on age?

flankston

Just curious as to the thoughts on his age? He is pretty grey but I am far from an age expert. He is pretty fat too. Maybe 3.5?

Attachments

• SYEW0993.JPG
    SYEW0993.JPG
    442 KB · Views: 118
  • SYEW1184.JPG
    SYEW1184.JPG
    734.3 KB · Views: 113

Carlos

Out of my own curiosity. Any input to original question?
Idk, Imo if you're not checking the teeth, you're only guessing.
I'd guess 2.5-3.5?

Welcome to the site btw, hope you see him during daylight.

flankston

Idk, Imo if you're not checking the teeth, you're only guessing.
I'd guess 2.5-3.5?

Welcome to the site btw, hope you see him during daylight.
Thanks Carlos! I'm just always trying to improve as a hunter, it really has no weight in my decision to shoot him or not. And like you said it is just a guess.

Carlos

Thanks Carlos! I'm just always trying to improve as a hunter, it really has no weight in my decision to shoot him or not. And like you said it is just a guess.
Yes sir. I try and remind folks that it's not the size of the antlers or beards that matter. It's more about the experience shared. Every once in awhile coming home empty handed is still a great hunt.
(I have lots of those.) 😀

flankston

Yes sir. I try and remind folks that it's not the size of the antlers or beards that matter. It's more about the experience shared. Every once in awhile coming home empty handed is still a great hunt.
(I have lots of those.) 😀
Yeah I've been doing this for 25 years. I'm at the point I get more joy of watching others kill, like family. Although I still love the hunt don't get me wrong.

Latest posts