Any surround sound gurus on here....

leader

Looking at a project and I know nothing about surround sound and such. Any stereo/ surround sound gurus on here. If so, let me know of a good forum to look into....

Thx,

Leader

Model70Man

There is an audio video store next to PF Changs on Papermill Rd. I can't remember the name of it though. They have some unreal surround sound systems and will answer every question you have.

mike243

Been told a good sound bar beats all the trouble of a surround system but have no first ear knowledge lol

bielaski

Cheap 3.1 system - I've got a subwoofer and a pair of computer speakers hooked up to the plasma TV that is good enough for me. The subwoofer provides a full sound.

Low budget - you can get a 5.1 system (4 speakers and a subwoofer) on Craigslist for $100 on up. The idea is to place a speaker in each corner of the room. Movies and such recorded in a 5.1 format, you can hear footsteps moving behind you left to right, someone off to the right speaking, etc.

More budget - 7.1 systems (7 speakers, one in each corner, one front center, one left center, one right center, and a subwoofer) have a more refined sound.

A sound bar combines two speakers in one cabinet, handy if the room is too small for so many speakers.

brmaster

I have a Yamaha surround system, works great, 5 speakers and a sub-woofer, got it at Best Buy couple years ago, the sub-woofer will vibrate the floor so if in an upstairs, the neighbors will hear it for sure

htnseymour

Sony dream system is my go too now. Not as expensive as some of the others but with a center speaker, two fronts, two rear, and a good sub, you will never regret it. I have an old system that is still in good shape if you want to try it out before you buy one. I'd let it go for $20 if you want

brmaster

htnseymour said:
Sony dream system is my go too now. Not as expensive as some of the others but with a center speaker, two fronts, two rear, and a good sub, you will never regret it. I have an old system that is still in good shape if you want to try it out before you buy one. I'd let it go for $20 if you want

Cant beat his deal,

Good time Charlie

I have had a couple ,If you like Nascar and the super bowl.
And watching good Movies you will love it.

Not hard to hook up if that is what you want to know ,go with the HDMI hook up for true HD.

But it is as simple as hooking red to red and black to black ect.

416wbymag

Model70Man said:
There is an audio video store next to PF Changs on Papermill Rd. I can't remember the name of it though. They have some unreal surround sound systems and will answer every question you have.

Statement Audio Video - High end solutions, mostly appointment only nowadays....

6739C Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee 37919

865-766-0016

That being said, the AVS forum mentioned above is my go to for information when I am buying new components...

89cherokeelimited

I've installed roughly 50 surround systems.
Everything from wireless 7 speaker systems to sound bars.
I installed a Bose sound bar (It consisted of hooking up the optical cable and running the regular setup) It sounded just a good as a 7 speaker $1000 setup.
I've installed roughly 8 sounds bars and they all sounds really good. Bose and Samsung have been my favorites so far.

Latest posts