Any snipe hunters

Trapper

We went the other day, kids found a field full of them. We ended up with 20 out of 4 of us. I found out they are a lot harder to hit than a dove the way they dart around.

Attachments

• 20190101_224035.jpg
    20190101_224035.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,633

Grnwing

Looks like a great hunt! When I lived in S Florida, snipe were the only thing I could hunt like upland birds. Their erratic flight makes for some great wing shooting!

DRSJ35

i use to hunt them in S florida at one time to.Quail use to be plentiful to.Until all the Yankees moved there and totally ruined the place.now you see them trying to ruin this place.Then when you say where ya from they say florida.Just cause you lived there and ruined it doesnt mean you were born there.But nice job on the snipe.

hillbillyfab

Caught these one a few weeks when we had all the bad weather, snow, sleet, etc. of all places on 2nd avenue south in downtown Nashville.

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_055311287.jpg
    IMG_20210223_055311287.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 119

RoyalPrudent

Ok, so is it a woodcock? I thought we'd really accomplished something, considering where we caught it.
it is a woodcock, but they're really cool birds and i'm still curious how you caught it. Was it strutting in the road or did it fly into a window and get dissoriented?

hillbillyfab

it is a woodcock, but they're really cool birds and i'm still curious how you caught it. Was it strutting in the road or did it fly into a window and get dissoriented?
You remember that week of bad weather we had back in February? That's when we found him We were walking to our job site on 1at avenue south in Nashville, and their he was on a sidewalk, beside a building. He let us pick it up and handle him. We moved him over to the side of the alley way. That afternoon he was gone. The next morning he was back(or one like him), close to where we originally found him. Eventually we quit seeing him.

Latest posts