Any of you guys have a favorite bow that you refuse to get rid of?

m.Creek

Thinking back to all the 3-D and hunting I did through my life and the countless number of bows that went through my hands. I have 2 bows that I have kept over the years.
1 is a 2010 Elite Z28, that's probably my pick of the litter. It's very forgiving and accurate. You can hold it back forever.
2 is a 2010 Bowtech Captain. I loved the look and feel of this bow. This bow is in like new condition.
I've own and owned newer bows, but these have stayed in my collection forever.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
My 2007 bowtec Tomkat. I bought it with summer money before my senior year of high school. I have no idea how many arrows I have shot or how many strings I have replaced. I have shot all of my biggest deer with it and it's like a part of the family. I think I will put a new string on it and take it out for a few hunts this year.

Omega

I still have my PSE Fire Flight, but have always wondered how long these things last. Do the limbs and other parts breakdown over time?

Methane

I still have my PSE Fire Flight, but have always wondered how long these things last. Do the limbs and other parts breakdown over time?
I still have my PsE fire flight 33 that I just replaced at the end of last season. I love that bow and killed many deer with it. Pretty tough in my opinion…was pulling it up into a stand and almost had it when the haul line broke. Dropped about 17 feet and held up. I hit a shooting rail with the cam while shooting out of a stand last year and the edges of the cam flattened. I fixed it but didn't trust it anymore … but won't be getting rid of it.

Smo

I still have my High Country Trophy Hunter..
I bought it the first year they were offered , but it's been so long I don't remember the year.. 1988 maybe..
Along with a dozen XX-75 Easton aluminum arrows size 2117…
I don't know why I bought those, my go to shaft was the 2018 size in XX- 75 or the little cheaper GameGetter.

They made two models that first year ,The Trophy Hunter and the Sniper.
They were the fastest bows on the market at that time.

1/2 dozen of the arrows have new Satellite 125 grn 3 blade broad head that have never been shot.

Last edited:

ImThere

I have a Bowtech liberty VFT I killed a ton of deer with. I would still be using it but I hit my climber with the bottom cam and laid it over on the last arrow of a 3 doe a day. I have a elite I bought that I haven't shot yet. Lol

FLTENNHUNTER1

1985 Hoyt Spectra Eclipse
2002 Hoyt RazorTec
2014 Hoyt Carbon Element G3

The only 3 bows I have ever owned and will never sell any of them. Too many good memories. Same with my firearms; have every one given to me or purchased by me.

utvolsfan77

Dang, now you young pups really have me feeling old! Even though at 62 I own a BowTech Reign 7, I still have my first two bows - the original Bear Whitetail (about 1978) and a Bear Whitetail II (around 1986). Like others have said, so many memories are attached to those two bows that I could never get rid of them. That would be almost like losing one of my arms or legs.

It is simply amazing how much technology has affected archery equipment since the 1970s.

13pt

I still have my High Country Trophy Hunter..
I bought it the first year they were offered , but it's been so long I don't remember the year.. 1988 maybe..
Along with a dozen XX-75 Easton aluminum arrows size 2117…
I don't know why I bought those, my go to shaft was the 2018 size in XX- 75 or the little cheaper GameGetter.

They made two models that first year ,The Trophy Hunter and the Sniper.
They were the fastest bows on the market at that time.

1/2 dozen of the arrows have new Satellite 125 grn 3 blade broad head that have never been shot.
Wow that's awesome! I owned a High Country Sniper what seems like forever. What a heck of a bow!! My shoulder forced me to switch sides (crossbow) before they were even legal without a doctors statement. That truly was a mighty fine bow. It's really cool you still use a High Country!

Union Co. Boy

Still shooting my Switchback! She never lets me down if I do my part. Side note: It was also a gift from my wife when we were dating. It doesn't have a price tag.