Any of yall still bow hunting during rifle season?

MAGA

Just curious...
Big timber bow hunting is my favorite way to go after whitetail. Still love popping them with a rifle, but love the up close and personal action of bow hunting in big timber on ridges and hill country.

gobblesandgrunts

That's all I take to the woods with me now, nothing compares to bowhunting for me. Just too much of a rush not to bowhunt when I have the option of what weapon I can take.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Deerhunter47

Been thinking about this a lot lately. Just got my first bow kill and I definitely got a much bigger rush than with a gun. I'm trying for my first mature buck and while I'd really like it to happen with a bow, I'd rather not regret not having a gun if i see one at 100yds. Also I heard 30 shots today in about 2 hours. I'm thinking it's gotta be harder to get one in bow range during gun season. I'm thinking I'm going to go with whatever I need to to get my first mature buck, and then from that point on, I'd like to stick with bow only, unless maybe if it's getting to be late season and I need more meat.

bowhunterfanatic

I have been but bow hunting big fields this time of year gets tough. I'm about to head out now for an hour before work with a rifle to try and kill a doe real quick.

Latest posts