Any lefties on here shooting a LH bolt action

fairchaser

Most all my rifles are left handed. That includes bolt actions (at least a dozen), semi auto, two AR's, and a couple of doubles. Have a handful of lever actions and they can be shot from either shoulder.
Even own a LH O/U shotgun
Most people don't realize that shotguns can be canted to facilitate pointing by a LH or RH shooter. I've found most shotguns that I shoulder don't point that well for me as a LH shooter.

DaveB

Left hand bolt rifles are available, just in very short supply. I have a cure:

1. Get the rifle you want in the caliber you want. Think Academy Christmas sale or BassPro Savage Axis in right hand.
2. Go to Boyds and look at the right hand action left hand stock models in the Rapid Fire section or build one up from scratch.

I got one for my A-Bolt because of my right eye not working so good. Spend time at the range getting adjusted. I am still working at it.

OldGoat68

Found an older Mod 700 BDL LH in .270, nice one to shoot. Also enjoy a Ruger #1 in .270, heavy to carry around but always dead on. But have shot RH models all my life too, just take what ever i grab first.

cmc934

2-Step Enabled
I shoot left handed. My favorite deer rifle is a stainless lever action Browning BLR in 7-08. For elk, I use a left handed Tikka or Browning bolt action 30.06. All of these rifles can be found by watching gunbroker or gunsinternational.

gtk

Staff member
if I had to do it all again, I'd probably just get RH guns with tang safety's. It's just as easy to learn how to operate a RH bolt rifle while shooting LH. You may have to break form and lose a split second but it's not that big of deal.
I'm left handed and left eye dominant. I shoot RH rifles exclusively and would argue I can shoot just as fast as a RH shooter. Also I only buy rifles with tang safety (browining/savage/etc).

I have shot LH rifles and it just feels too awkward to me. My only negative is I like to carry my rifle on my left shoulder, and the bolt always digs in my side/hip.

Forvols

I grew up lefthanded in a righthanded family. Never had a lefthanded bolt action, now that would be strange to me. Shotgun I mainly use pump. But I did have a LH rem 1100, SWEET. But I sold it in a weak moment. Bolt action RH I have no issues with shot them for so long. Pumps or semi auto shotgun RH same thing. But I would like to have that LH rem 1100 back. Closest I got to it now is a sweet S&W semi auto.

david k.

We just bought my son a brand new LH Tikka T3X from a gun shop in Alabama for $760. Thankfully my SIL is a gunsmith and FFL and so he was able to snag it for us tax free.

F15BA9CB-763B-4E61-8BED-D3BF130E8141.jpeg

Flintlocksforme

1984 BDL 700 LH 30.06, got it when I was 13-14 years old. Still killing deer. Never needed another rifle, scope has been upgraded since

Hardwoodmaterials

My wife has hunted the last few years with a left handed Rem.700 adl in 270 but got a Browning micro composite in 6.5cm this year. After shooting the Browning with tang safety some she told me I might as well sell the Rem. lefty because it will just set in the safe.

Latest posts