Any ideas?

KingMojo

I have a great little piece of land (about 20 acres) I'm allowed to hunt on and only one other guy hunts it. I've not been out there once this season when I didn't hear several gobbles. Problem is the birds seem to be roosting on the neighboring properties I can't go on. I've yet to call anything in but a few hens. Any ideas?

Boll Weevil

Don't know what time you've been going but maybe try choosing a different time. If you've been going at sunrise try sleeping in til after 930. Only mornings...try afternoons. A gobbler can get on and off 20ac in about 3 minutes so it might be less about calling him to you and more about simply being there when HE'S there.

WMAn

Boll Weevil said:
A gobbler can get on and off 20ac in about 3 minutes so it might be less about calling him to you and more about simply being there when HE'S there.

BINGO!

Pop-up blinds are great for small properties. Also, look for funnels, such as a gate in a fence row, where turkeys will tend to travel.

I once had a 10 acre property to hunt. The best turkey hunting I have ever done! There was a big cedar tree in a field. It was guaranteed that sometime during the day those turkeys were going to come within 40 yards of that tree. It was like a hub at the center of a wheel.

KingMojo

Thanks for the advice. I've been getting there before sunup I'll try a little later in The day.

Latest posts