Any ideas?

Camp David

Yesterday afternoon a vehicle stopped in front of our house with his flashers on. The driver got out, came through the yard about 10' from the front door and turned around and went back to the car and pulled up to the next house.

Then the passenger got out and ran through the neighbor's yard in the cove across the street. Like the first guy, he didn't go to the door, but about 10' from it, but this time I noticed he had something in his hand with a laynard hanging off of it.

He pointed and appeared to "click" the device not only at the neighbor's house, but continued to do the same thing to the other 4 houses in the cove, more pointing it toward windows in the houses than anywhere else.

The driver backed up and picked him up in the cove then they continued doing this all the way to the end of our dead end street, with only one guy getting out at a time. When they finished, they sped back out of the street.

The whole thing was very bizarre and happened so quickly I didn't get a tag number. I did call the Sheriff's Department.

My first thought was they could've been trying to open garage doors, but they could do that without getting out of the car.

Any ideas what they could have been doing with this device?

bowriter

R.I.P.
Yes, they are recording your address in case there is an alien invasion and you vanish.

I belive I would call me a gubmint official and ast if they are doing any kind of survey. If not, ast if it is illegal to shoot aliens who are trying to steal your Office Max discoutn cards.

Camp David

Yeah, I know they're up to no good, but just can't figure what. My wife said the car had firefighter tags, which I didn't see. This prompted me to drive by the closest fire station today.

In their parking lot was a dark blue Nissan Maxima, the same type and color of this vehicle. I pulled in the lot to see the tag and it was a Faternal Order of Police tag.

Camp David

I did call the fire department to see if they might have been verifying addresses yesterday, but they weren't. Also, these guys were in street clothes.

Camp David

Lynn, those people travel alone and wear unforms around here, so don't think that was it.

brmaster

no telling what it could have been, but being they were doing it up and down the street in the daytime and not caring who saw them, my guess is wasnt someone casing the area out.
I know I did see a Google Earth truck couple of days ago, maybe they are working with them.

Camp David

Kirk said:
Might have had an alarm remote and was trying to see if it would react to any of the houses.

Kirk, I'm leaning this way, but not sure of the capabilities of an alarm remote. This is new to me. How would it react?

Does it show up on the remote device that the alarm is disabled?

One of my friends says criminals have devices that can detect who has an alarm system.

The broad daylight issue is about 50% of the people here work off site amd the other 50 work at home, or are retired.

Nimrod777

Could it have anything to do with remote meter readings?
I know some utilities have started working with new meters, but I would think they would have a better range, that would enable drive by readings

wskp11

Sounds like a randomizer picking codes for garage door openers, traveling like that no one is likely to call the police. We caught several groups doing the same type thing while I was still working.

Latest posts