Any dedicated Striper guys here?

Dbllunger

You were close, 25 on the first 12+ on the smaller. Yes, the angle was bad and we didn't want to do a retake, in a hurry to get back in the water.
S22
No trade offs. I took him and his boss out for an early morning trip for hybrids on Thursday.
It was slow until we found some ospreys banging the water.

His boss had never caught a hybrid so it was fun to get him on a few.

Chris's style/method doesn't fit well with an old guy like me so we don't do tradeoffs. I like Chris and he is always willing to share info with me so whenever he wants to go fishing with me, I try to accommodate him.
Yes Chris is a pretty good fisherman. He's certainly figured out the rockfish waters pretty well. I've ran into him a few times on the water over the last several years and he seems like a decent guy. I don't do the kayak thing for them but do artificial only for those fish. My boat isn't a jet but still can run pretty skinny waters so generation dictates which section of the river I fish. Lol....there's always fishable water. Time on the water is absolutely critical to learning those and every other species as you very well know.

scn

I wonder how beimg dragged around by a hook in that jaw works for them.
It obviously doesn't help them, but since they are supported in the water, it is NOTHING like mishandling them out of the water.

Supposedly you can dislocate the jaw of some species by hanging them unsupported from a jaw grip. That may be an old wives tail from fisheries biologists, but, it certainly isn't good for the fish.

Last edited:

megalomaniac

My PB was 35 lbs... I caught it on a 5'6 bass rod and it took me 20 min to land. By the time I finally got it to the bank, it was so played out I couldn't revive it... so I took it home and fileted it. Cut the red meat out, soaked it in saltwater in the fridge, and there was still a layer of oil on top of the water the next day. I grilled some of it and it was edible, but nowhere near my top 25 of preferred species to eat. Maybe I did something wrong, but I release all of them now, but would rather chase inedible saltwater fish when I just want a fight (jack crevalle, etc)

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Yes Chris is a pretty good fisherman. He's certainly figured out the rockfish waters pretty well. I've ran into him a few times on the water over the last several years and he seems like a decent guy. I don't do the kayak thing for them but do artificial only for those fish. My boat isn't a jet but still can run pretty skinny waters so generation dictates which section of the river I fish. Lol....there's always fishable water. Time on the water is absolutely critical to learning those and every other species as you very well know.
I need to get you to show me how to catch those. :)

Latest posts