Antler knives just about finished....(pic)

Rackseeker

Just about finished with a couple knives I've been working on. The handles are off of a 8pt I took this year. Going to try my hand at some leather work on the sheaths.

006-8_zps928843fe.jpg

WestTn Huntin man

Very nice.Excellent looking knifes. I am wanting to try my hand at some maybe for Christmas presents next year. Any hints or tips about the process would be appreciated.

Rackseeker

WestTn Huntin'man said:
Very nice.Excellent looking knifes. I am wanting to try my hand at some maybe for Christmas presents next year. Any hints or tips about the process would be appreciated.

Thanks, just get your hands dirty and go at it. The hardest part for me is cutting a nice rack up to make knife handles. But every time I look at the knife I remember the hunt. I have made around 12 or so and can remember each hunt. I have some antlers off a Mule deer I took 2 years ago thats going on the next two.

TN RDG RNR

Supporter
Cool knives. Id like to see step by step progress from one of you knife makers. Wouldnt mind giving it a go myself.

TENN.BOY

A friend of mine makes some of those too,he orders all his blades and brass from jantz magazine,they have a ton of differant style blades stuff to build your own knives with.He gets all his antlers from shed hunting trips to ohio in the spring.

Latest posts