Another Yahnali thread. Please read!

Rockhound

For those of you who may remember the thread about possibly losing some yahnali land to maury county parks and recreation.

I was at yahnali several days this week, aND I had planned to turkey hunt on Lofton road. But it is a NO NO now. When I got to the entrance there were posted signs saying

No trespassing
No hunting
No fishing
this land no longer belongs to Twra, it now belongs to maury county parks and recreation.

I just thought I would save somebody some time that might try to hunt the area without knowing, and give an update to anyone who remembers the original thread.

catman529

I talked to the area mgr. a while back and he said when TVA turned the the land to TWRA there were certain areas to be turned into parks etc. The iron bridge/lofton rd area was one, there's another spot off Negro Creek that is now county land (a cattle pasture) that was supposed to be developed but is not part of the WMA anymore, I think there may have been one other spot but I dont remember. Basically most of the WMA is safe from development, so I've been told. There was a proposed damming of Fountain Creek if Columbia were to need the extra water reservoir, but that is not likely to happen either. If they were to dam Ftn creek that would ruin some of the best hunting grounds and a large portion of the WMA. Hopefully nothing like that happens and I was told it probably won't.

Latest posts