Another vaccination thread

RUGER

Supporter
Ok, just talked to a friend.
His place of employment is fixing to roll out a deal where you go to HR and provide proof you have taken the shot and they give you a wrist band.
If you have this wrist band you can go about your day with no mask or anything.
If you don't have the wrist band you have to wear a mask.

I have several issues with this.

1) How is this even legal? HIPPA is gone by the wayside or what?
2) If the shot works, who cares if I have had it or not?
3) My body my choice only applies to baby factories?
4) How is this not discrimination? Say it is against my religion to take any shots?

I swear I just don't get it or the reasoning behind any of this nonsense.

akachuck

It’s a sad world. And when it comes to your body your choice. You see 100 percent correct. Now I don’t know about religion but it IS discrimination, it’s like the African American people getting their own bathrooms, water fountains etc. there should be no “reward” for getting a shot, that being you don’t have to wear a mask. Just my .02 cents.

Grainger

Supporter
Lawyers are gonna line their pockets big time over this. I expect to see it going all the way to the SCOTUS.
There’s already been one case—prolly District Court in CA where some employees at a hospital challenging a mandate of getting the vax to continue employment.

They lost.

Don’t know if it’s to be appealed, can’t really look up a link right now as I’m at work, the decision came down last week or the week before.

Sets a precedent.

sgtwebb1

Supporter
Not to mention that you can still get COVID even if you've been vaccinated.
Not only can you get it, all the shot does is make you asymptomatic.
Your body's immune system will still fend off the virus and covert it, quite likely into a mutated form, which will then be shed.
Mutations will very likely be the end result of this experimental therapy.

Wiley

There’s already been one case—prolly District Court in CA where some employees at a hospital challenging a mandate of getting the vax to continue employment.

They lost.

Don’t know if it’s to be appealed, can’t really look up a link right now as I’m at work, the decision came down last week or the week before.

Sets a precedent.
I think that was in Houston and is being appealed. No employer should be able to require human medical experimentation as a condition of employment and that’s exactly what this is.

Chiflyguy

Ok, just talked to a friend.
His place of employment is fixing to roll out a deal where you go to HR and provide proof you have taken the shot and they give you a wrist band.
If you have this wrist band you can go about your day with no mask or anything.
If you don't have the wrist band you have to wear a mask.

I have several issues with this.

1) How is this even legal? HIPPA is gone by the wayside or what?
2) If the shot works, who cares if I have had it or not?
3) My body my choice only applies to baby factories?
4) How is this not discrimination? Say it is against my religion to take any shots?

I swear I just don't get it or the reasoning behind any of this nonsense.
My company, Quaker Oats is the same way.
Doesn’t bother me, I got bigger fish to fry in life.
I’ll gladly wear my mask. With the exception of a mild case of Covid a year ago I haven’t been sick.
I asked one of the HR people if they’re all vaccinated, why are they still wearing masks.
No answer.

WTM

i dont know what HIPPA entails anymore. when i had surgery they wheeled me into what they call a holding area with a bunch of other people having surgery. you could hear what surgery every person was getting, symptoms, etc. kind of weird, felt like a cow in a holding chute at a slaughter house.

dirtyhands

They have done the same thing here at my work. They give you a little sticker on your badge. I guess ill just have to keep wearing my mask.

JCDEERMAN

And by the way, it's HIPAA, not HIPPA. Sorry - I worked in the Privacy field for several years and always had to correct people

WTM's experience of diagnosis being disclosed is a violation and against HIPAA. It's reportable

TheLBLman

Another thing interesting to note:

Only about half of the CDC's employees had been vaccinated as of a couple weeks ago.

Wouldn't you think that CDC employees would be at the forefront of knowing just how important, or not, is getting this vaccination?

CDC employees may have now faced similar employer mandates to get vaccinated, but it's pretty obvious that many those on the front lines of the CDC didn't think the vaccination was that critical to receive.

Latest posts