Another USPS thread

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
So my mail carrier stops on the side of the road and throws two dog treats over the fence to my dogs EVERY day.
Same thing today but the only difference was today I was in the back yard digging a grave for my Lillie.
We are having her put down tomorrow.
She stopped and said she missed and there was a dog treat on the outside of the fence.
I told her I would make sure she got it because we were having her put to sleep tomorrow.
She said she knew something was wrong with her.
She parked got out of her truck and came and hugged me as we both cried.
Dang I’m gonna miss that stupid dog.

Thank you to the mail lady that meant a lot.

Snake

Supporter
Brother that's awesome, hate that you have to put her down . Ours is getting worse sometimes I think about doing it but my wife said let God have control . They are as family brother .

Omega

Sorry you have to do that, had my beagle Loki put down a couple months ago, it really is like losing a part of the family.

Hduke86

2-Step Enabled
The pain is real when we let go of our loyal and faithful friend. Our mail carrier, ups and FedEx all pretty much did the same thing and I wondered why my lab was fat lol. I’m sorry to hear about loyal Lillie. I’m waiting on @Bambi Buster to post his thing about dogs cause it’s so so true.

woodyard

Sorry ruger . There is nothing like them. I have been fortunate I guess to have experienced a whole lot of dogs during my life. Best friends I ever had. I have had to have several put down over the years and it was always difficult.

PalsPal

So sorry man!

That's a great mail lady!

Just think, had she not "missed" throwing the treat, you two would not have shared that moment!

hardhorns1982

Alright guys let’s quit talking about putting our dogs down. Have me choking up just thinking about me having to do it. I’m with Wiley up there if there isn’t dogs in this next life then we will need to postpone until we can get something worked out. I won’t have anyone to complain to.

tntime

Sorry to hear, just remember all the good times. We had to let go of ours a little over a year ago, and the family is pushing hard to get a new pup. I may come around to the idea...

Latest posts