Another proud dad moment

Acorn Goat

He decided to play ball this fall after taking a 2yr break to just focus on archery. I was fine with whatever he wanted to do, but I'm glad he fulfilled my dreams without even knowing it. When he started playing scenic city league at 6yrs old I couldn't wait to see him play on Friday nights.
IMG_2396.jpeg

Dbllunger

Awesome! Hope he sticks with it. The bonds that are formed on a high school football team are ones that can last forever. I have a small circle of close friends (about 7 of us) and the thing that brought us together was football. When you sweat, bleed, win and lose together for several years it forms a lasting friendship. We all still get together about twice a year to fish, camp, duck hunt and tell lies.

ps......and by the way, he's playing on a pretty dang good 6A football team. Hope they beat Maryville again this year. They should.

Last edited:

Snake

Awesome! Hope he sticks with it. The bonds that are formed on a high school football team are ones that can last forever. I have a small circle of close friends (about 7 of us) and the thing that brought us together was football. When you sweat, bleed, win and lose together for several years it forms a lasting friendship. We all still get together about twice a year to fish, camp, duck hunt and tell lies.

ps......and by the way, he's playing on a pretty dang good 6A football team. Hope they beat Maryville again this year. They should.
That's a Cleveland jersey . Did they beat Maryville ? I know Bradley beat them which is another school in the same town . Their having a great year as well. Just a FYI

Dbllunger

That's a Cleveland jersey . Did they beat Maryville ? I know Bradley beat them which is another school in the same town . Their having a great year as well. Just a FYI
Cleveland beat Maryville last year and probably will again this year. Yes Bradley is having a great year so far. I believe they are undefeated. I have been very much in tune with the high school football scene in Tennessee for the last 10 years or so. The last 8 years I was the scoreboard and play clock operator for Oakland high school for their home games. I just retired from those volunteer duties this season. In that eight years I never saw them lose a game at home. Oakland is going for their 4th straight 6A championship this year. That program is a machine under Kevin Creasy.

Snake

Cleveland beat Maryville last year and probably will again this year. Yes Bradley is having a great year so far. I believe they are undefeated. I have been very much in tune with the high school football scene in Tennessee for the last 10 years or so. The last 8 years I was the scoreboard and play clock operator for Oakland high school for their home games. I just retired from those volunteer duties this season. In that eight years I never saw them lose a game at home. Oakland is going for their 4th straight 6A championship this year. That program is a machine under Kevin Creasy.
Oakland always has a good team .

Acorn Goat

If we beat Bearden and Maryville. Bradley will have to be on their toes just saying Cleveland is under rated. October 20th at Cleveland vs Bradley 7:00 pm

Latest posts