Another Pizza

Trapper John

I've been on a roll with about one cast iron pizza a week and this here is the new favorite. Garlic cream sauce with mozzarella, parsley, smoked venison sausage, and a Sourdough crust.
Screenshot_20201122-180718_Instagram.jpg

Safari Hunt

Looks good. Thanks for sharing. Friday would be a good day to use all the leftover turkey. What is the recipe for the garlic sauce? Very interested!

Trapper John

Looks good. Thanks for sharing. Friday would be a good day to use all the leftover turkey. What is the recipe for the garlic sauce? Very interested!
Heat up some olive oil and salted butter in a pan. Add in four to six diced up garlic cloves. I like mine strong so four big ones or six smaller cloves. Stir those around and let them sizzle a few minutes. Sprinkle in a little flour and start whisking. Let the flour cook a minute then add in your cream or half and half. Keep whisking and add in some grated parmesan, fresh black pepper, and some salt of you want it. Taste it and if it's to your liking, keep whisking until it thickens.

I usually make it in the morning and stick it in the fridge for that evening. It heats up fine for this purpose.

Safari Hunt

Wife is a big fan of cast iron. She has cast iron skillets that were her mother's, my mother's and her grandmother's. One is from a friend that would put the skillet at over 100 years old. She laughs at the recipes that say, "In a non-stick skillet." Haven't had one in centuries as they don't last.
A ready-made crust would suffice here. I think the pizza is baked in the oven. Temperature and time, approximately.

DoubleRidge

Wife is a big fan of cast iron. She has cast iron skillets that were her mother's, my mother's and her grandmother's. One is from a friend that would put the skillet at over 100 years old. She laughs at the recipes that say, "In a non-stick skillet." Haven't had one in centuries as they don't last.
A ready-made crust would suffice here. I think the pizza is baked in the oven. Temperature and time, approximately.

Big fan of cast iron myself....have my great grandmothers Wagner....have several Lodge.....3 skillets stay on top of the gas range...used daily....also have accumulated several cast iron dutch ovens over the years....hard to beat cast iron.

Trapper John

What crustbdontounise?
Make it?
Yeah I make it. I've got sourdough starter I keep and use that, bread flour, olive oil, salt, and warm water to bring it together. Usually I add in onion powder, too. I've never measured it so I'm not sure on amounts. Just bring it together, let it rise, punch it down, then roll it to whatever size and thickness you want.

41Magnum

I get to eat a REAL pizza about 3 or 4 times a year on account of the carbs involved. We have a local Italian restaurant that makes the crust out of cauliflower and believe it or not it's pretty good stuff. So that's my pizza that I can eat on a regular basis.
Enjoy yours Sir Looks great!

DoubleRidge

Heat up some olive oil and salted butter in a pan. Add in four to six diced up garlic cloves. I like mine strong so four big ones or six smaller cloves. Stir those around and let them sizzle a few minutes. Sprinkle in a little flour and start whisking. Let the flour cook a minute then add in your cream or half and half. Keep whisking and add in some grated parmesan, fresh black pepper, and some salt of you want it. Taste it and if it's to your liking, keep whisking until it thickens.

I usually make it in the morning and stick it in the fridge for that evening. It heats up fine for this purpose.

Trapper John.....we used your Garlic Cream Sauce recipe tonight on our homemade pizza and it was amazing!! Tonight we cooked it in the oven...next one will be on the top rack of grill with hickory smoke rolling.... we've cooked them on the grill with smoke rolling before but are thinking the garlic cream sauce will be over the top amazing with the 'smoked' mozzarella....also going to use leftover sauce from tonight with chicken cutlets and pasta....great sauce!! Thanks for sharing!!

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_180615215~2.jpg
    IMG_20201220_180615215~2.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 56

Trapper John

Trapper John.....we used your Garlic Cream Sauce recipe tonight on our homemade pizza and it was amazing!! Tonight we cooked it in the oven...next one will be on the top rack of grill with hickory smoke rolling.... we've cooked them on the grill with smoke rolling before but are thinking the garlic cream sauce will be over the top amazing with the 'smoked' mozzarella....also going to use leftover sauce from tonight with chicken cutlets and pasta....great sauce!! Thanks for sharing!!
Glad you like it! Looks great!

Latest posts