• Help Support TNDeer:

Another covid post...

Popcorn

Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Getting a first hand education on the topic and thought I would pass it on for whatever its worth.
I does appear that I got it from someone I know who was not showing symptoms at the time but not for sure, I mean random door handles, gas pumps and change at the cash register are all suspect but the fact that I tested a quick and resounding positive today is there. My first symptoms were a minor sinus headache that just wouldnt go away. That began on 18th, I blamed it on corn harvest dust and ignored it. On thursday the 19th I began to feel fatigue as well. I thought "no big deal, I have been getting up at 4AM , hunting and tending to others hunting including harvest recovery and getting them to the processor, taxidermist or dressing and hanging. Im just getting older, fatter and a little sleep deprived" . Take Friday off from hunting and rest, feed the turkeys we raise, as well as take 13 to a processor in KY and get ready to hunt the weekend in KY. Saturday 21st, develop some flem in my throat and a occasional cough, mild headache still there, sinus congestion is just enough to be annoying and still lightly fatigued and decide I must have a sinus infection, I have had these for years, "I got this". This is also the day I learned of the positive test of the contact I had helped recover a couple deer and dressed a week earlier. Sunday 22nd I still see my condition as insignificant and decide that maybe "head cold" is a more appropriate diagnosis. The worst part at this point is this annoying minor headache that just wont go away. Hunt anyway. Get in for supper feeling pretty tired. Glad its sunday so I can go to work and get some rest tomorrow. I discover that my wife has had similar symptoms over a similar period and that now she has lost most of her sense of smell and taste. We put all data together, make a couple internet searches, make a couple phone calls (family members in medical fields) and decide to get tested tomorrow (Monday). Over night we both develop dry mouth and quiet a thirst and I developed mild diarrhea with related cramps. First test is a finger prick blood based rapid test. My results were almost instant positive which I'm told means the virus has a strong presence. I'm also told this test rarely gives a false positive but can show non-positives falsely. My Wife's test was non-positive. Step 2 is the nasal swab which is not as bad as some claims but its still hard to take a swab that far up your nose. These results are 3 days out so we wait confirmation while assuming we are positively positive and quarantine. I was prescribed a Z-pac and prednisone steroids due to a possible sinus infection and they want to knock down any bacterial presence before it becomes a problem. For the record I have taken Zinc, D and C daily since this thing started last march. So far it appears we are several days into this and are having mild cases and we are certainly thankful for that. We know many are not ...

I post this purely as information. I consider myself pretty informed and aware but missed this early because it was subtle and familiar. If you have serious underlying conditions please be vigilant and read, read, read.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

woodyard

I think my wife has had it for four days now and I am possibly showing some signs now. She started Friday off not feeing well with a stomach ache. She thought this was just from being fatiqued and run down from so much work put into her work for weeks.
The company she works for sold out to another and this means she had to prepare everything for old owners and new. So lots of work and stress. Multi million dollar company. Produce distributor in many states. Have not shut down since beginning of this mess and no cases of covid among 150 plus employees.

Body aches and dead tired. Headache. Sunday night chills and fever. Monday morn chills and fever. Feet and toes ice cold. She had been telling me all weekend it was just fatique, but when the fever started I reminded her that is not a symptom of fatique.

We have not been to test and probably will not. I see no reason for it. We take flu shots and haven’t had a bad case of that in many years. This is not acting like the flu I am familiar with. Besides she has been extra precautionary the whole time, masks, gloves and hand washing and sanitizer out the wazoo. She was not around anyone known to be sick. They are pretty careful at their work.

I have been out only minimally during this year to only a few stores and mainly fishing some along with ruger. Not much contact with other people on my side. Now I am having a pretty good headache, so may have started on me. I have been taking extra vit c, d3 for a few weeks now. Worked outside in sun last two weeks so loaded up on vit d. I have taken a zinc supplement for years. I did a couple of nebulizer treatments yesterday just in case. I do have heart disease so a little extra precaution On my prt all year.

She started using a nebulizer with .1% hydrogen peroxide solution about once per hour yesterday morning and has started feeling better. Taking tylenol and this has got her somewhat better we think. She worked online most of the day yesterday. She seems to have slept all night long last night for the first time in days. Feels better this morning.

So this internet remedy may help.
Info at mercola.com. I did get the nebulizer and food grade hydrogen peroxide set up not necessarily for this but to have to fight colds since this doc said they have been treating colds and flu for years this way. Made sense to me to try it since I really hate getting a cold and using the crap over the counter stuff for it. They seem treat you worse as you get older.

The last bad cold I have had was in Jan 1st week of 2019. I remember exactly because I went to North MS Jan 1 to help my son with a graduate forrestry project in the rain and cold. This one lasted about three weeks. I had a little deal the middle of Oct with some drainage but not a bad deal for a change.

So that is why I look for anything to help fight a cold.

So we may kick this things butt and make it through with minor difficulty.

By the way I did go set in the deer stand late yesterday afternoon and nailed a nice 8pt. Now got to get him cut up before this stuff gets me too far down. Sorry for the long story.

ruger7mag

My symptoms were fatigue, sore throat, occasional mild headache, and runny nose. I thought I just had a cold until day 4, that's when I lost my taste and smell. My wife has tested positive as well. Her symptoms have been more severe than mine. She also had burning in her chest and low O2 levels. I'm on day 9 after symptoms started. I've felt fine today and the last two days.

moondawg

Thanks for sharing. Seems like Covid hits everyone differently. I have awful sinuses, and am suffering through that at this moment. it's par for the course this time of year. Is it due to the crops being harvested? The up and down weather (warm one day, cold the next)? Going from a warm building into the cold air? Or the beginnings of a sinus infection? Who knows, any of those will trigger my sinuses. Guess I better start paying attention...if I start feeling run down, or sinuses get worse, I'm going to the doctor.

Gravey

Prayers for y’all. My daughter was supposed to come home this evening from college but found out yesterday they were around somebody over the weekend that tested positive for it. She doesn’t want to put my parents at risk (they’re healthy but 74) or my wife’s niece who is 3 or 4 months old so she and her roommates are staying in Knoxville and doing Thanksgiving with each other. I hate it but the smart thing to do as to not take a chance. They all got tested this morning but will be 3-5 days before they know. Hang in there!

Popcorn

UpdateTuesday 11/24 Today a distinct feeling of just not well being. Breathing is fine, just always feel like another, deeper breath is needed. No desire or want to to do anything. I got off the couch one time lol, it was clear that was less than a good idea. Wife is feeling better with few symptoms. Having remained busy all day cleaning and rearranging. Thats enough to make anyone feverish now she is putting up the Christmas tree and is often between me and the TV. Tomorrow I'm going to run camera cards and hunt! I cant stand this much longer. Maybe the steroids will have kicked in and Ill feel more energetic.

TAFKAP

That's the spookiest part about this thing. They say the earlier you get treated, the better off you'll be. But if I ever get it and it progresses like yours, I know for a fact I'd behave exactly the same.

Crow Terminator

I woke up yesterday to get ready for work. When I went to brush my teeth I noticed that I couldn't taste the toothpaste. And then when I ate, nothing had taste. I could only feel hot/hold and texture of the food. It was then I realized that I could only detect a subtle wiff of very strong odor stuff. No taste and very minute smell.

I went to work and stopped in our clinic before my shift. They said that they were running low on tests and that I would have to schedule an appointment for the day shift doctors. They sent me home out of caution. Wife and I woke up this morning and she noticed she can't taste anything and can only faintly smell things..so anyways, they rapid test both of us with the nasal swab rapid test. Both our tests were negative but the doctor also said that there's no set standards to the covid stuff and that the rapid tests were notorious for being inaccurate. She even said that they had rapid tested patients that came back negative...that then showed up positive on the send off tests taken the same day. She said they were finding that the rapid test often shows negative hits on people that had just noticed symptoms within a couple days...and recommended being tested again in a few days, especially if we have any more symptoms.

Neither of us have ran a fever or chilled. I have had a runny nose for several days and a scratchy throat from sinus draining. I work 3rds so we always feel fatigued lol But this no taste/no smell stuff is weird. I'm finding myself sniffing stuff that I know is usually strong pungent smells, just to see if my brain is playing tricks on me.

Popcorn

Wednesday 11/25 update
Slept most of the night but the sweats from the steroids come in waves. Woke up feeling pretty good actually, still feel like I am not getting a full breath but headache is gone. Fatigue is not as bad and I spent the day running trail cams, feeding KY deer and preparing our quarantine Thanksgiving dinner. So overall it has been a good day. Got the "OFFICIAL" call this evening from the doctor, lab results from the nose swab tests that were taken from myself and my wife both returned positive. So, confirmed what we already knew but its official and we can kindof return to normal inside our home. Tonight I am stuffed from snacking while cooking being thankful that so far we seem to be having typical mild cases and seem to be improving. I do understand that keeping this from becoming pnuemonia is a really big part of recovery. Flem control and prevention is important. always expell flem when you can. Do not allow what seems to be sinus or head cold drain into your chest. I also see the importance of daily suppliments like zinc, vitimin C, D3, certain antacids and natural suppliments for a strong immune system. I may be fat and have high BP but I eat healthy foods grown naturally including my meat. I still have a mild desire to cough and still need that extra breath but so far I am thankful we seem to be improving. There has been a rash of positives among our local family and associates in KY and TN with no common thread. My point is that This thing can move quick and a small lapse in judgement is all that is required for it to spread. Yall remember the old lesson of how we were only 7 people away from anyone in the world!?

ruger7mag

She even said that they had rapid tested patients that came back negative...that then showed up positive on the send off tests taken the same day. She said they were finding that the rapid test often shows negative hits on people that had just noticed symptoms within a couple days...and recommended being tested again in a few days, especially if we have any more symptoms.

That scenario happened with my wife. She had just started having symptoms within the last day of getting tested. Negative on the rapid and positive on the send off.

mike243

Prayers sent for all, me and the wife had it awhile back and its nothing to dismiss or mess around with, no treatment at this time according to my Dr 2 weeks ago, you can self medicate with some of the Drs that post stuff on the different sites, all the folks that wont wear a mask aint helping anything.

chris1976

Prayers sent for all, me and the wife had it awhile back and its nothing to dismiss or mess around with, no treatment at this time according to my Dr 2 weeks ago, you can self medicate with some of the Drs that post stuff on the different sites, all the folks that wont wear a mask aint helping anything.
STOP THAT!! Shame on you

Latest posts