• Help Support TNDeer:

An Overdone spouse

encore06

I wonder how many more here has a spouse of food has to be cooked over done. If she sees a hint of red in her burgers or steaks she thinks it is not fit to eat. Vegetables are cooked until they are soft.

Popcorn

Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
My wife wants WELL done burgers, steaks, all meats. If it aint black and dry it aint done!?!? 38 years and I still dont get it. I'll eat it if its still running as long as its hot! I put her burgers and steaks on the grill and hold mine till I turn hers.
but she does like her veggies more firm.

Urban_Hunter

Mine was raised that way. When we were dating we went to Ruth’s Chris and I got my steak med-rare... she asked for hers med-well. The server laughed at her and said the chef wouldn’t cook one past medium. When they came out she tried mine and that was all she wrote. She’s been eating them correctly for the last 15 years

BigSatt

Supporter
Mine wants her steak "charred". If we're in a restaurant and hers is not well done when it's served, somehow it's MY fault. :rolleyes:

That's why I insist on her picking the place every time, as I have learned over the years.

Even that doesn't always work, but I stick to my guns. When she says she doesn't like that place and won't be back for a while, I'll remind her that is what she said last time. If that doesn't work, I've always got my comeback line, "I didn't pick it, I would've went to so and so, but I thought you really wanted to come here..." :cool::D

rrptdp

My wife will cut into every piece to make sure it is burnt before she takes it off. I was always a rare meat eater but after 28 years I guess I'm a burnt meat eater not by my choice haha

Hunter 257W

My wife is somewhat that way about meat but is slowly learning to trust it being a little pink in the middle. She always takes my steak off the grill sooner than hers though so at least she isn't messing up mine because of her personal preferences. Honestly, I've never had a better steak than what she cooks.

For vegetables she always cooks them the least possible to make them healthier.

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts