• Help Support TNDeer:

Ammo

RUGER

Supporter
Rather curious. I have seen 17 Mach 2 in North Georgia quite a good supply of it. I've never known anyone who owned a rifle chambered for that. 22 long rifle neck down to 17 if I'm correct.
I had one at one time but sold it before I ever shot it.
I just didn't see the purpose. Love shooting my .17 HMR though.

Last edited:
Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Crow Terminator

Attachments

• 756C47FA-F4AC-404D-BE80-1E513F963216.jpeg
    756C47FA-F4AC-404D-BE80-1E513F963216.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • 5E3576B1-2C2D-4D9D-8D64-DBDEE7F3CD40.jpeg
    5E3576B1-2C2D-4D9D-8D64-DBDEE7F3CD40.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

rifle02

But, regarding changing the constitution, they're stifling freedom of speech at every turn, 1st A be darned. I see no reason they can't walk right over the 2ndA as well , just pretending it doesn't matter.
The 2ndA is the insurance policy for the 1stA.

Bambi Buster

From what I read, a lot of these new gun owners are the type who likely have voted against gun ownership in the past. But that was before these recent events made them feel personally endangered. When the threat of violence became personal all of a sudden they saw the value of having a gun immediately ready to defend themselves. OK, now they have a gun or two but they still don't think the general public should have guns. In my opinion we shouldn't count on them much to vote pro-gun in the future. I bet a very large % of these new gun owners are still going to vote Democrat regardless of how that affects gun laws. They are surely vulnerable to typical liberal demonizing of specific types of guns so many will fall for supporting the "Common Sense" type proposed gun laws. They sure don't think you need an AR-15. Or multiple semi-automatics. Or multiple "High Capacity" magazines. Or certain cartridges intended only for "killing people". These new shooters can be so easily manipulated by the greasy politicians that they will

^^^^^This^^^^^

CATCHDAWG

PossumSlau

I have some Hornady Vmax 17 hmr at the house. Let me see how many of them I have left. It was a 200 round brick but I don’t have a 17 any more and don’t have a use for it.

Someone was jokingly saying they might have to take up knitting. Bad news...there has been an explosion in younger women getting into knitting and crocheting. My wife has been having trouble finding yarn (the kind she likes) at any of her regular stores. People are buying it up too. I think boredom of quarantine might have spurred some of that. My wife is just in her 30s and now has a whole group of local teenage girls doing crocheting. I’m taking up a weird hobby too...flint knapping and primitive weaponry making. No bullets? That’s fine. I’ll have my bow and flint tipped arrows and atlatl. Lol.
I’ve made several atlatls and darts, used to be pretty good with one!

Cache

Local gun shop got in about 60 cases of 9mm. Out the door price of 835. Too much for me but got me wondering. What is the mark up on ammo right now? Anyone know or care to guess?

PossumSlayer

Supporter
Rather curious. I have seen 17 Mach 2 in North Georgia quite a good supply of it. I've never known anyone who owned a rifle chambered for that. 22 long rifle neck down to 17 if I'm correct.
It’s magnum..

Attachments

• 90E1B76F-9310-4CB4-928E-33C3A1CBCD5D.jpeg
    90E1B76F-9310-4CB4-928E-33C3A1CBCD5D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Rakkin6

Glad I was an ammo hoarder before it was cool. 2 ammo cans of loose 5.56 and 9mm each. Just ball 9mm and green tip 5.56. Plus plenty for my other guns besides the 5.56 and 9mm I would just buy ammo whenever I saw good deals on it especially for my .300 WIN MAG since they are so expensive and my sabot slugs and turkey loads.

FLTENNHUNTER1

New ammunition video
Look at the gentlemen shooting the shotgun at the 2:30 mark. This is exactly how NOT to shoot a shotgun. Doesn't have the gun planted firmly into his shoulder, jerks the trigger, and uses the wrong part of his finger to pull the trigger. Want a bruised shoulder from shooting heavy recoiling rifles and shotguns? This is the way you get the bruise!

Rakkin6

Look at the gentlemen shooting the shotgun at the 2:30 mark. This is exactly how NOT to shoot a shotgun. Doesn't have the gun planted firmly into his shoulder, jerks the trigger, and uses the wrong part of his finger to pull the trigger. Want a bruised shoulder from shooting heavy recoiling rifles and shotguns? This is the way you get the bruise!
Lol I was talking about this in a.other thread. I was deer hunting from the ground and a doe came in on my right side and I am a right handed shooter. I had to make that awkward turn to the right to get the gun on my right shoulder to get her before I lost my shot. Once she got past parallel of me I didn't have one. So didn't necessarily have my cheek weld in the usual spot and not really in the pocket of my shoulder. Pulled the trigger on my .300 WIN MAG. Well you know what happened, eyeball meet Mr. Leupold

Rakkin6

Never fails either I am not a ground hunter 99% treestand but even in a stand they always come in from my right or directly behind me so I can't see around the tree. And after hearing squirrels all day too.

FLTENNHUNTER1

Lol I was talking about this in a.other thread. I was deer hunting from the ground and a doe came in on my right side and I am a right handed shooter. I had to make that awkward turn to the right to get the gun on my right shoulder to get her before I lost my shot. Once she got past parallel of me I didn't have one. So didn't necessarily have my cheek weld in the usual spot and not really in the pocket of my shoulder. Pulled the trigger on my .300 WIN MAG. Well you know what happened, eyeball meet Mr. Leupold
Without pictures it did not happen...LOL

Latest posts