• Help Support TNDeer:

Ammo out of a trunk...

bloodtrailing

Going into a parking lot of a brick and mortar store and selling stuff out of your trunk that competes with the store is a dickhead move. I would bet $100 if he asked the manager of the store for permission he would be denied.
Save it for a gun show or flea market.
Probably is the store manager, about the only way to get enough to sell : )

Omega

Heard a trivia answer the other day that all the gold ever mined in the world would fit into 4 olympic sized swimming pools.
Watched something on the tube the other day about how gold is made, seems that nuclear reaction creates it, and has been created in the collider, it's just that it is more expensive to make than to buy. So the gold we have is from the sun (and other stars) via asteroids which then sinks to the earths core. So it's possible there is a bunch more, just not where we can get to it.

JeepKuntry

I didn't read every comment, but I see some people who see nothing wrong with this. How would you like to operate a business and have somebody on YOUR property trying to sell a product? That is where my issue lies.

Pic IN the Casa

I didn't read every comment, but I see some people who see nothing wrong with this. How would you like to operate a business and have somebody on YOUR property trying to sell a product? That is where my issue lies.
I agree with that part.

Chapman

Some people are blaming the people that buy up ammo as soon as it hits the stores as the reason for the shortage. How long do you think it would stay on the shelves if those guys didn't buy it up? I think it would be sold out quickly with just the people wanting personal ammo for their regular needs.

BMan

If the business didn't walk out and tell him to stop, they must not have been too concerned. You think SW doesn't have cameras showing the parking lot?

Since their inventory is essentially zero, they were probably hoping people buying from him would come in the store and purchase something the HAD in stock and put money in the till.

Laserman1

It just ain’t right. I go to a ball game and they jack up the price 5 times what it normally cost. I can’t bring it in, and can’t buy it cheaper inside from someone else. Why can’t they charge me what it used to cost when I was outside the gate instead of the inflated cost because of limited supply of beer inside the gate. Those people line up to buy the inflated beer and keep us from getting cheaper beer. If they would quit buying it the price would come down and we could all enjoy cheap beer.

Spurhunter

Supporter
Going into a parking lot of a brick and mortar store and selling stuff out of your trunk that competes with the store is a dickhead move. I would bet $100 if he asked the manager of the store for permission he would be denied.
Save it for a gun show or flea market.
He's not competing with the store if they have no ammo.

Spurhunter

Supporter
I agree with that. Where he is selling is my only problem though.

FLTENNHUNTER1

Heard a trivia answer the other day that all the gold ever mined in the world would fit into 4 olympic sized swimming pools.
According to this website, it actually would fit into one. That is a scatload of gold.

Check this out:

us-gold-reserves.jpg

Here’s the entire gold reserves of the United States government, which is 8,133.5 tonnes.

world-govt-reserves.jpg

Here’s the world’s gold reserves by government circa 2012. This is slightly outdated, with China and Russia both having significant increases since then.

all-gold-in-world.jpg

All gold mined in history, stacked in 400 oz bars. The 166,500 tonnes here is actually divided into four levels: the bottom level is jewelry (50.5% of all gold), the 2nd level is private investment (18.7%), the third level is world governments (17.4%), and the highest level is other uses for gold such as industry (13.4%).

gold-in-world-cube.jpg

Lastly, we finish off with an image of all of the world’s mined gold in one cube with dimensions of 20.5m. If it was all melted, it would fit within the confines of an Olympic Swimming Pool.

wayne

......and I was fussing about the price of ammo at Bass Pro this afternoon. I mean they had a LOT of 9mm for $14.99 a box. I could have bought 5 boxes, drove down to Knife Works and made my money back plus another $150 in the parking lot. Just be looking out for a UPS truck with "ammo for sale", written in the dirt, on the side and wave me down.

WTH was I thinking:rolleyes:
How much ammo would a person have to be carrying to need placards? All I worry about is Class 3 Flammable Liquids.

BuckWild

You must have been the guy in parking lot selling ammo.
No but I probably could. I've been buying ammo and holding it for over 20 years.

I consider it essential. Like food and water.

Why own guns and not have an ample supply of ammo for each one?

That's crazy.

But let a crisis hit and it's easy to see the one's who weren't forward thinking...

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts