Ammo and Component Shortages--Recovery in 2022?

DaveB

All-
Based on the 2008 and 2012 Obama election and the Sandy Hook shootings the shortages lasted what,18 months plus?

Anyone see any reason to expect inventories to recover in 2021?

Remington700

Who knows at this point. They were predicting May and now they have pushed it to next December at the earliest.

Snowwolfe

40,000,000 new gun owners this year. If each one buys two boxes of ammo that's 4 billion rounds of ammo.
This one is going to last a few years. And shooters with deep pockets will only make things worse.

PS: Correction, now I read 12 million new gun owners. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle, lol

Last edited:

Hunter 257W

Yeah, as Snowwolfe said, this time we not only have the existing gun owners competing for all the ammo/components but a multitude of new gun owners with no stash of ammo to see them through also looking at the same time. It will take a year or two at least to stabilize again. As much as I put back during the good Trump years I wish I'd bought more.

7mm08

Can't shoot guns without ammo and the Dems know this.

BTW.... I was the ONLY person on two different ranges today at ORSA. I have never seen that

backyardtndeer

Canada seems to have plenty of primers, but none of the online sites I have found them in will ship outside Canada. Found one place in Oklahoma that showed they had cci small rifle bench rest as well as several other options for primers. Called them, they don't ship. Serious gouging going on at gun broker.

BetterDaniel

If anyone knows anyone that lives in Canada and knows a bit about the process of shipping them back to the states that might be a lucrative business venture at the moment.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I'm already seeing this trend. new comers to reloading are disappointed to find that reloading components are in the same shortage as ammunition right now.
And even when they come available, it's doubtful they'll be priced to allow cost savings over buying ready-loaded ammo.

Latest posts