AMAZON FIRE TV /STICK users great app

Forvols

Forvols

This is a new one to me..some of you may already use the app:

Here is a link to an all in one Android app for FireTv stick users or any Android device. Its called Aptoid TV, has KODI in it for downloading and a bunch of other apps for movies, tv shows, sports, program apps etc. and has user reviews for the apps. So far I like it better than KODI, no dealing with repos and way easier to down load apps.

Two really good apps to start with: Terrarium TV and FREEFLIX HQ. You may need to get a video player such as VLC or FREEPLAY or MX, if so the app will prompt you to download it and It will give a download button (no typing in urls etc.)

For the two above -- so far I like them better than KODI -- easier navigation, up to date selection and added features not in KODI 17.6

Use the link below to the youtube video, its a good tutorial for getting Aptoid TV. Once you get the APTOID installed then you have easy access to Terrarium TV and FREEFLIX HQ and a bunch of other apps (even KODI).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAdfv78ROuM

Note to remember -- all these Android apps are constantly changing/updating new ones popping up. So if you are using an Android device (not ROKUs) good idea to periodically make checks for app updates (none of them are load once and forget it).

Wrangler95

Wrangler95

The apps you mention,are they free to use or do you have to pay?

Forvols

Forvols

All free. The terrarium and freeflix hq will have still picture adds while loading a movie or tv show, you just click past those (there is a popup that says please wait 5sec before exiting add..but I just close them using the back arrow). No adds during movies or tv shows.

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
I've got a jailbroke firestick and I can't run Downloader or load the app.

Been tring to get on there most of the day...giving up on it. LoL

Forvols

Forvols

Mine are about as broke as you can get(did that myself). So through the AMAZON app doing a search for downloader you cant get it to down load? Did you try to do another app, just any app, to see if that would download and install (you can delete it after that). Just trying to see if its a stick issue or downloader app issue.

BuckDropper

BuckDropper

BuckWild":7bqbub92 said:

Go to settings then device then developer options and make sure both of the things in there are turned on or the firestick will block any outside apps.

Forvols

Forvols

BuckDropper":17g07r6n said:
BuckWild":17g07r6n said:

Go to settings then device then developer options and make sure both of the things in there are turned on or the firestick will block any outside apps.

Good point

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
It came with the developer options set to on.

It shows the Downloader on the app list but when I select it a window pops up and says :

"App Not Found"

"The app you are looking for can not be found"

Also the little cloud icon in the upper right hand corner of the app box is dimmed out.

Forvols

Forvols

Try using the amazon search function and type in down loader(don't use the app window already available on your stick)..see if that works. Also try doing the same with any app..GO HBO, NBC etc see if those will download and install..As I said I had a new factory fire stick and did my own installs (actually 5 of them now), for KODI and another apps like ones listed in this thread. So I know how mine is put together not sure on yours..but give my suggestions a try.

Another option is delete down loader from your device altogether, then try search via amazon and install down loader again.

Forvols

Forvols

bigquacks":12wglah5 said:
Wonder if you can add this to a smart TV?

Not sure what program language( operating software) your smart tv works on or the ability to access adding such apps to a smart tv..Smart tvs my opinion pretty dumb(tho I have one) give me an HDMI port and a device to load my apps on such as the fire stick, or a box, same with ROKU..But what I have found is the android based devices have much more flexibility with what is currently going on with apps...next 6 months..I don't know and I have ROKU and android devices..39buck for a fire stick or ROKU is way cheaper that DIRET TV..just need to plan your viewing and see which offers the most bang for your buck..me right now its a amazon fire stick.

Smart TV gives you apps agreed to by the TV builder not you..and maybe some code cracking to add an app that will have issues working..get a stick use one of them 4 HDMI ports and be done.

Plus side--- when the current smart TV dies..just unplug your stick, get a new TV (don't pay for smart) and plug your stick back into an HDMI port on the new TV. I couldn't tell you the last time we used our "smart tv" apps. I just shift HDMI ports.

B

bigquacks

Anyone use the NVIDIA SHIELD TV? Looks like it does a ton but is pricy.

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
Forvols":2nz1z7fd said:
Try using the amazon search function and type in down loader(don't use the app window already available on your stick)..see if that works. Also try doing the same with any app..GO HBO, NBC etc see if those will download and install..As I said I had a new factory fire stick and did my own installs (actually 5 of them now), for KODI and another apps like ones listed in this thread. So I know how mine is put together not sure on yours..but give my suggestions a try.

Another option is delete down loader from your device altogether, then try search via amazon and install down loader again.

The only apps that load are the few that are in the KODI portion of the fire stick. I've done the search and it acts like it's not online, but I know it is. I may try to deregister it then reregister it and see what happens. I've synced it to all my other Amazon devices. I can go through KODI and watch anything. The app would just make it sooooo much easier.

Forvols

Forvols

bigquacks":3l4g5sa7 said:
Anyone use the NVIDIA SHIELD TV? Looks like it does a ton but is pricy.

I have not, might do some looking into that. I started out using a ROKU, then got a Firestick and now have 3 of those and 2 ROKUs. So far I like the Firestick best and with it being part of the AMAZON empire I don't think support or updates will end anytime soon for the actual FIRESTICK software.

Forvols

Forvols

BuckWild":chmpb4yc said:
Forvols":chmpb4yc said:

The only apps that load are the few that are in the KODI portion of the fire stick. I've done the search and it acts like it's not online, but I know it is. I may try to deregister it then reregister it and see what happens. I've synced it to all my other Amazon devices. I can go through KODI and watch anything. The app would just make it sooooo much easier.

Is this a new issue? have you tried adding apps in the past and it worked and now doesn't? or is this the first time you have tried adding a new app via the downloader or the AMAZON search?

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
Forvols":1t8lax73 said:
BuckWild":1t8lax73 said:
Forvols":1t8lax73 said:

Is this a new issue? have you tried adding apps in the past and it worked and now doesn't? or is this the first time you have tried adding a new app via the downloader or the AMAZON search?

First time I've tried to add apps. I bought it from a friend who ordered it before he realized his TV didn't have usb. LoL. It came pre loaded from Tech Connect West. I'm gonna shoot them an email. Their website is pretty informative and they have a customer service link.