Am I reading the regulations correctly?

Chiflyguy

I'm in unit B.
From what I understand, I'm allowed 2 antlered, 2 antlerless during muzzleloader and one antlerless during rifle?

13159F0D-1503-410C-87AC-525CB71B6699.png

Chiflyguy

Are you surprised that there's a 5 deer limit because that's too many, or not enough?
I can do the same in Illinois but I've never hunted a spot where I've had the deer density I'm gonna have.
I won't kill 5.
3 would get me to my goal of 90% self sustaining.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Between my three kids' draw hunts, them hunting statewide juvenile and rifle seasons only (Unit A), and then me hunting bow, ML, and rifle (Unit A), my family could legally kill 43 deer without going to another unit… I think our freezers will be full a little before we get that far though 🤣

killingtime 41

Is the Deer density higher where you are now over Illinois. Just because you see them in certain fields don't be tricked into thinking all you see are different deer. It's usually the same deer over and over again. But I'm sure you've done your homework. Wherever you gonna hunt. Just curious does Illinois not have many deer?

Hduke86

Yes you are correct with the 2 antlered and 2 anterless during muzzleloader UNLESS you have already tag an antlered deer during archery season. You probably know this already. Your antlered limit is 2 for the whole year across all the seasons. Disregard is you knew that already

Chiflyguy

Yes you are correct with the 2 antlered and 2 anterless during muzzleloader UNLESS you have already tag an antlered deer during archery season. You probably know this already. Your antlered limit is 2 for the whole year across all the seasons. Disregard is you knew that already
Thanks dude.
Don't bow hunt.
I'd really be confused.😀

Chiflyguy

Is the Deer density higher where you are now over Illinois. Just because you see them in certain fields don't be tricked into thinking all you see are different deer. It's usually the same deer over and over again. But I'm sure you've done your homework. Wherever you gonna hunt. Just curious does Illinois not have many deer?
I hunted Will or Kankakee county within an hour or two of 6 million people. Sure most of the jamokes are too busy protesting, voting blue, killing each other, there were still quite a few guys competing for limited spots.
Also, there was a pack of dogs last season at our lease but the neighboring property owner gave them a dirt nap.
I've got a farm down the road that's letting me hunt about 200 acres. The owner said they're thick. All I gotta not do is break his 87 year old moms rules especially waking her up at 5 am parking up by the house.

Latest posts