Alvin Kamara

TeamMainStreet

Will be back.

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Alvin Kamara confirms he's returning to Tennessee for his junior season: BREAKING: Kamara makes NFL Draft decision #Vols

PalsPal

I have a feeling he may play some slot receiver. He would be great, and that might be his position in the league.

Kelly is a very good back, and would do fine spelling Hurd.

PalsPal

Just saw this (I was right again ;) ):

So how did the Vols convince Kamara to stay? As we wrote in the war room last week, the meeting between Butch Jones, other UT officials and Kamara, his mother and other relatives, it was stressed that Kamara's role would continue to evolve and that he's considered very much a starter and a huge part of the Vols' plans moving forward --- offensively and special teams.

They'll continue to expand his role. He had gotten a third-round grade from one NFL scout that we spoke with, but by and large he was tabbed by most teams in the fourth through sixth ranges.

The Vols' new offensive wrinkles in the bowl game, we are told, is just a small sampling of how this offense will continue to evolve and expand moving forward.

THEdonkey0515

PalsPal":sp3h0e3r said:
I have a feeling he may play some slot receiver. He would be great, and that might be his position in the league.

Kelly is a very good back, and would do fine spelling Hurd.
Think your right he would be perfect for some of them WR screens the vols love to run. He would be hard to stay with on quick slants also.

He will get more chances on special teams as well.

I seen a stat that said he had 291 yards 3tds on 13 catches!

He will get his fair share of rushing attempts also, But I would love to see a kamara receiver play set.

I mean having the option to throw a WR kamara screen or quick slant, Hurd hand off, or Dobbs QB run. Coming outta the huddle sounds awesome.