Alumni Football Game (Pics!)

DROPTINE33

BigWes50 and I played in an Alumni Football game this weekend. It was a great feeling to play on our old high school field again under those stadium lights. To play in front of our children was a blessing that i will not soon forget and i thank God for giving us the health to do so. Wes is #50 and i am #33.
P4060809_zps4cc70acc.jpg

P4060810_zpse7c86a3e.jpg

P4060824_zps970200e9.jpg

P4060848_zpsbecc63cf.jpg

P4060853_zps1ae35c9b.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/DROPTINE33/P4060863_zps8f79d890.jpg[/I[IMG]
[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/DROPTINE33/P4060863_zps8f79d890.jpg
photo2_zps89469444.jpg

Ckirk4bama

This is awesome, I went to east ridge and I wish we had these games. Soddy and red bank rilvary far excedes anything of which we had at east ridge with anyone. Y'all should have played the trump card and brought Gerald back. Lol

DROPTINE33

Ckirk4bama said:
This is awesome, I went to east ridge and I wish we had these games. Soddy and red bank rilvary far excedes anything of which we had at east ridge with anyone. Y'all should have played the trump card and brought Gerald back. Lol

I called Gerald but he is still under contract with the Canadian Football league. I liked playing with Riggs but i use to tear him up at practice. His dad is also a very good guy.
Wes played with Victor Ellis who played for Alabama in college. (R.I.P. Victor)

DROPTINE33

Contact Alumni Football USA. They will get it hooked up. It was $100 fee, this included all pads, pants, and jersey's. No insurance though, you have to sign a if i die today you wont sue me waiver. lol! The hardest thing is getting the guys to come to practice. We had our former middle school football coach playing with us, he is 59 YEARS OLD and played middle linebacker with me. It was awesome to see that and play with Coach Wolf.

Right_Tackle74

I talked to a guy from them about putting on a Lenoir City/Loudon game a couple of weeks ago. I'm 37 in a week and would love to suit up 1 last time. Still have my #74 Home and Away Jerseys.

de novo

easy45 said:
I'd give bout anything if my high school would do this, I would love to put some pads on one more time

I tried and tried to do this in my 20's and early 30's and would have given anything if the old school would have gone along. But now at 40 it may not be so fun. :)

PalsPal

:cool:

How long were you sore :D ?

I wouldn't mind catching some more passes from the TE position, but it would be my luck a high throw across the middle would give someone 20 yrs my junior a great open shot on me :eek: !

Right_Tackle74

When I was growing up, Pee Wee Leagues had weight limits (aka Discrimination) So I never got to play till my first Freshman team game. Seems like If former Baseball Players can play softball, Basketball players can in get a full court league, Seems they're should be enough interest for enough teams to form to play an Adult Football league. I know there are minor league (aka Knoxville Knights) but they have to travel out of state and play games in July, But to have an Adult league playing locally like High School, During Oct.-Late November would be awesome.

redblood

Supporter
dadgum, big wes could sell shade for a livin. looks like fun. we just had our alumni basketball. lots of fun

BIGB

kinda makes my knees hurt just to think about it. and my neck and my shoulders and ankles and feet.

Latest posts