• Help Support TNDeer:

Aluminum carport

chimneyman

Buying another boat and need some type of cover approx 14x28. I’m afraid of wind blowing it down. Do these things come with sufficient anchors. Anything else to look for can’t decide if I want concrete base or just gravel thanks

cbhunter

Supporter
You can upgrade to better tie downs. I want to say mobile home anchors but dont hold me to that. The one i installed two years ago has 2' rebar drove into the gravel/ground. Mine is pretty well protected from the winds we get so i chose not to upgrade.

backyardtndeer

Lowes used to sell auger type anchors. Used them for my kids swingset. They were like a smaller mobile home anchor. Don't know if they still sell them or not, but would think they would work fine. Tied down our 6x6 box blind with them too.

Wildcat

Get the STRONGER carport with extra steel braces. I bought a cheaper one and the first snowfall the thing caved in on my truck.

I now have a 26 feet by 38 feet over by the barn and it's held up great. I have both rebar and those mobile home anchors

Omega

I had one installed out at my hunting area to park my travel trailer under. They offered an anchor kit but I just poured concrete rails and had them install it on top of those. I have crossed rebar buried along the concrete for extra hold, just in case. Worked well as you are responsible for a level area for the carport (they can adjust +/- 4"), at least with the company I went with.

Omega

The VERTICAL carport is the best. It's the one with the metal running the right direction for runoff and it's the strongest.

You're welcome.
I will have to check, I didn't notice any bowing on mine, but I also didn't go out there to see if any snow piled up on top or not. The ribs would probably not allow snow to slide off, so I suspect there was some build up.
3lU6Iff.jpg

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts