Allegiant airlines

S

Stingray

Has anyone here ever used them ? They have good rates ,

G

Grnwing

It is liking riding the bus! I have family in Ft. Lauderdale and fly often, they are cheap but charge for everything. I don't mind flying them one bit, but you do seem some interesting things on those flights. I love the cheap fair and the direct flight, saves me a lot of time and money. They only fly on certain days, and I believe just one flight a day to certain destinations. The flights have always been on-time. I wouldn't hesitate to fly them.

encore06

encore06

I flew on Allegiant last ear and this year with a group of church leaders to Fort Myers, FL. No problem.

C

Crosshairy

We are using them in the spring to take the family to Universal Studios and perhaps Disney for a day. I had heard from a co-worker that they were a very cheap fare that added fees for everything except breathing, but that even after adding in all those extras, it was still hundreds of dollars cheaper for the 4 of us to travel.

We're going to give them a try! The direct flight to Tampa with a rental car to drive to Orlando is a pretty good deal.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
First Time flying back in the summer, we flew to orlando and back. I have no complaints, it was what I expected it to be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

O

OneShot

I fly all the time for work but never on Allegiant. I fly Allegiant to visit with my family all the time but I can't fly them for work because they are too unpredictable. Allegiant serves a purpose because they are cheap and get you where you want to go. If you fly them enough, be prepare to deal with the unknown. That's just what happens on Allegiant.

TreyB

TreyB

Only once and had no problems at all.

J

John.M

They charge for every little thing. Overhead bin space included.

They popped up in the airfare check for work as the cheapest option to get to vegas. After adding all of the other expenses in, would have been much better off on southwest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pressfit

pressfit

I tried to check their rates and they don't even land in Nashville..??

P

Powerstroke

We have used them 6-8 times in the past few years flying back and forth from Knoxville to Florida with no issues ,and will be using them again in a few months .

B

bowhunterfanatic

Flown to Vegas with them a few times and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
We've used them from Chattanooga to Orlando, also to St. Pete. They get you there and back. No frills. Makes you really put some thought into your luggage, too.

Zulu

Zulu

Supporter
I won't fly them. I won't let my family fly them. Ain't worth saving $20 on a ticket.

U

Urban_Hunter

Zulu":1705w11r said:
I won't fly them. I won't let my family fly them. Ain't worth saving $20 on a ticket.

Much more than $20.

We have flown them a few times. No issues for us.

L

leader

Direct flights, no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moondawg

moondawg

Been using them the past few months flying to St Pete airport. No friils airline, and it is a direct flight. Round trip for around $100 or less. I don't check in luggage, I have clothes and stuff at the gf's house in FL. I don't even have a carry on bag. I don't choose my seat, which makes it even cheaper.

Only downside is, they only fly Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. And only to certain airports. It works for me. But they only have certain flight times.

It's limited, but if you can work around it, it's fine.

Kirk

Kirk

I have flown Allegiant to Vegas. The flight was non stop from Knoxville. The flight left on time and arrived on time both ways. At the time (6 years ago) it was about $500+ cheaper than Delta and around $350 cheaper than Southwest. (Two Adult Round trip tickets) It is a no frills ride to where you are going.

I have flown Delta, Southwest, American Eagle and several little regional puddle jumpers. As with anything, you get what you pay for. They all have their issues.

One travel tip I will give you. Book the earliest flight you can. The delays are not as prevalent on the early flights. The flights later in the day are often late due to small delays that accumulated throughout the day. 15 minutes here or there doesn't seem like a lot. Add all those 15 minutes up and they turn into hours.

D

DRSJ35

people really use them to go back and forth from TN to New York #2 AKA South Florida there isnt really any difference.