All you .270 users

Coker

For deer hunting, What is your favorite off the shelf ammo and why (grain, bullet type and brand)?
what do you think the best all around .270 ammo is for field hunting and woods hunting?

clwg97

I have used both the Federal Powershok in 130's and the Remington Corelok in 130's and they have both done everything I have asked them to do on deer. I currently have my rifle sighted in with the core lok 150's but haven't shot a deer yet with them.

timberjack86

I have used both the Federal Powershok in 130's and the Remington Corelok in 130's and they have both done everything I have asked them to do on deer. I currently have my rifle sighted in with the core lok 150's but haven't shot a deer yet with them.
You'll love the 150s if you want to knock em down right there with absolutely no tracking.

fairchaser

I hand load but I’ll put another vote in for the 150 grain psp bullet. This is heavy for caliber bullet but it will put a whitetail down with good bullet placement when the 130 grain might not. For shots under 300 yards, this is you best whitetail bullet in .270 caliber.

Trophy of the moment

• Trophy by David Kibbler
    Took this nice 6 point that had a 20 1/2 spread in Henry County.
    • David Kibbler
    • Updated:

Latest posts