All season Food??

BSK

Please do get some pics!

I wouldn't be able to drill but can certainly broadcast. The only real competition it would have is that thick heavy bladed ridge grass. Not even sure what it is but doesn't seem too hard to kill. When you say late cool season do you mean now? Or closer to say March?
March/April

Right at green-up.

puppy

You've got my interest piqued with that Durana. Is it difficult to grow? How much sun does it require? What kind of ground prep do you do? My place is hills & hollers hardwoods with acidic soil and rock just below the surface. Man it's tough to get anything to grow.
I managed to keep a Durana plot looking good for 5 yrs before burning it down and planting rye to burn up some nitrogen out of the soil. It is hard to get established and you won't see much clover the first fall but it will explode the next spring, keep it mowed for broadleafs and sprayed for grass and it is great.
IMAG0268.JPG

Ski

I managed to keep a Durana plot looking good for 5 yrs before burning it down and planting rye to burn up some nitrogen out of the soil. It is hard to get established and you won't see much clover the first fall but it will explode the next spring, keep it mowed for broadleafs and sprayed for grass and it is great.

Thank you! I think I've got some spots perfect for it. Stayed up reading a bit about it last night and will be ordering some for both spring and fall planting.

JCDEERMAN

I managed to keep a Durana plot looking good for 5 yrs before burning it down and planting rye to burn up some nitrogen out of the soil. It is hard to get established and you won't see much clover the first fall but it will explode the next spring, keep it mowed for broadleafs and sprayed for grass and it is great. View attachment 165631
Looks great. We just started 4 one acre plots in all clover this past fall. Will be frost seeding in February and trying to keep it maintained. We tried this before years ago and failed. Hoping this go around is better

BSK

I managed to keep a Durana plot looking good for 5 yrs before burning it down and planting rye to burn up some nitrogen out of the soil. It is hard to get established and you won't see much clover the first fall but it will explode the next spring, keep it mowed for broadleafs and sprayed for grass and it is great. View attachment 165631
A perfect description of Durana.

DoubleRidge

Clover plot looks great!.....but that buck....the body on that joker.....what a tank!

puppy

Clover plot looks great!.....but that buck....the body on that joker.....what a tank!
That is what we called him, unfortunately never saw him during season. Did have an encounter with him while on tractor one afternoon right after velvet drop, he just stood there at 30 yds like he knew I couldn't touch himo_O That was a banner year for nice bucks:
IMAG0082.JPG

IMAG0207.JPG

JCDEERMAN

That is what we called him, unfortunately never saw him during season. Did have an encounter with him while on tractor one afternoon right after velvet drop, he just stood there at 30 yds like he knew I couldn't touch himo_O That was a banner year for nice bucks:
View attachment 165739

View attachment 165740
That buck in the first pic is a toad!!!!

Latest posts