Alabama's freshman QB & Jalen Hurts

rem270

Man was that guy impressive or what? GA had Hurts # and he couldn't do anything. Pretty bold but good move on Saban's part to play the kid.

One thing I was the most impressed with was how humble he was when they spoke to him after the game. I was also impressed by Hurts attitude after he was pulled. A lot of time the starters will be sulked up on the bench in their feelings but he wasn't. He was cheering his teammates on and really building the freshman QB up on the sidelines.

It was a great game.

Grandslam11

Jalen Hurts attitude was incredible. It will be interesting to see what happens with the duo next year. Do they try Hurts and a different position. Do they start him again next year to see what happens?

Props to Saban. They send in a Freshman QB to throws and ugly interception not long after, but sticks with his gut and wins a National Championship. I don't know that too many coaches would have done what Saban did. Maybe I am wrong.

nitro_z17

im gonna say Tua starts the rest of his career barring injury. hurts will transfer or be the most talented holder in college football

rem270

nitro_z17":2q0k7krr said:
im gonna say Tua starts the rest of his career barring injury. hurts will transfer or be the most talented holder in college football

Lots of Bama fans have ruled him out already. They have quickly forgot he's 25-2 as a starter. I think they can use both of them at QB and win another NC next year.

PalsPal

Hurts will end up at RB most likely.

His NFL future will not be at QB, so he needs to find his best position.

Not a chance Saban ever starts him over Tua again.

And yes, both of their attitudes was refreshing.

THEdonkey0515

hurts is a good college QB not great.

I think playing behind a good oLine with good backs & WRs that can also block made him look better then he was at times

I think his run game made him look better as a QB.

even the play by play guys pointed out any pressure at all even a little he would almost panic, first read not open eyes down looking to run.

His not an NFL QB I pointed that out before Saban benched him last night I've seen comments on & off TNdeer he was an NFL caliber QB ( even though I was told last night I have not seen comments on TNDeer about hurts to NFl) but it just took a quick search to see I was right.

Love his attitude once he was benched, freshman QB looked good. Bama & UGA may have good backups looking to leave now.

Scioto

Hurts early enrolled in Spring semester 2016. I assume he's taken courses in the prior two summer sessions as well so when Spring Semester 2018 ends, he'll likely have seven semesters under his belt. I wonder how many credit hours he will have by end of this semester? I doubt it, but what if he has enough to graduate will he take the graduate transfer route?

Conversely, he also has to think about how he got the starting job. He was a true freshman that replaced an upperclassman in the USC game last year. If he performs and Tua doesn't at some point down the road, he'll get the job back.

As an Ohio State fan, I wish our coach cared less about hurt feelings of players and staff.

PillsburyDoughboy

Re: Alabama's freshman QB & Jalen Hurts

Having Hurts AND TUA BOTH in the roster is a good problem to have .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

PalsPal":dbtw8ekp said:
Hurts will end up at RB most likely.

His NFL future will not be at QB, so he needs to find his best position.

Not a chance Saban ever starts him over Tua again.

And yes, both of their attitudes was refreshing.
Well at least it gives us something to talk about between now and next season. :poke: :tu: :super: :smash:

cbhunter

rem270":2f75ur76 said:
nitro_z17":2f75ur76 said:

Lots of Bama fans have ruled him out already. They have quickly forgot he's 25-2 as a starter. I think they can use both of them at QB and win another NC next year.
the ole saying goes, "if you have 2 qb's, you don't have any" hurts is done and understandably so

cbhunter

PillsburyDoughboy":15vzk4wo said:

wishful thinking but it's time for you to let go of Hurts, he is done ;)

PillsburyDoughboy

cbhunter":2fasajme said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2fasajme said:

Maybe... We won't know till the first snap of the ball in regular season play next year. At least it gives us something to talk about in the Sports Talk Forum between now and then. :poke: :tu: :super:

rem270

PillsburyDoughboy":mhtnsepj said:
cbhunter":mhtnsepj said:
PillsburyDoughboy":mhtnsepj said:

Maybe... We won't know till the first snap of the ball in regular season play next year. At least it gives us something to talk about in the Sports Talk Forum between now and then. :poke: :tu: :super:

Kind of a bittersweet NC. Happy For Alabama but sad for Pruitt as that was his last NC to ever be in :(

PillsburyDoughboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Maybe... We won't know till the first snap of the ball in regular season play next year. At least it gives us something to talk about in the Sports Talk Forum between now and then. :poke: :tu: :super:[/quote]

Kind of a bittersweet NC. Happy For Alabama but sad for Pruitt as that was his last NC to ever be in :([/quote]
Well at Least he got one. Sad for Lane coming up short one game.

Latest posts