ALABAMA VS FSU

PillsburyDoughboy

PillsburyDoughboy":elm1qvno said:
Francois who looked so composed and cool in the first quarter does not look so much after 4 quarters against ALABAMA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record I said this LONG before the injury !
I hate seeing anyone going out like that ! It looks bad for him .

PillsburyDoughboy

Ugly win but I'll take it .

I lol when the announcer said ALABAMA would not see another challenge till Auburn . I was like Auburn ??? We own them LOL

FTG-05

redblood":3qtvuysq said:
FSU looked like a JV team against the Tide

I only saw the first half. It looked to me like they held their own for those two quarters. Sounds like they fell apart the last two.

Any word on the QB injury? It looked pretty bad the way they carted him off the field.

Zulu

redblood":vsc4dyd2 said:
FSU looked like a JV team against the Tide

Not the FSU D-line. They embarrassed the Bama front-5. Given the Alabama defensive and special teams play, the score should have been ridiculous. The big boys have some major work to do.

baddnole

PillsburyDoughboy":1uzexdhb said:
Ugly win but I'll take it .

I lol when the announcer said ALABAMA would not see another challenge till Auburn . I was like Auburn ??? We own them LOL

Your boys played well P.D.
Congrats.
No report on Frenchy(QB) yet.Congrats to all the BAMA fans on here.
Maybe Nick has a special teams coach he could recommend.

TreyB

Glad FSU was getting handled in the second half but hated and I mean hated seeing DF go down. Hopefully it isn't serious.

Bama is a wear u down 4 qtr team. Offense is t as good as the last. Defense is solid. Special teams is good. But they just don't make many mistakes. They just wear u down physically.

PillsburyDoughboy

TreyB":12xgw6pa said:
Glad FSU was getting handled in the second half but hated and I mean hated seeing DF go down. Hopefully it isn't serious.

Bama is a wear u down 4 qtr team. Offense is t as good as the last. Defense is solid. Special teams is good. But they just don't make many mistakes. They just wear u down physically.

Yep I agree .

Lots of work needed on the Oline .

bigquacks

PillsburyDoughboy":1rfu4zs4 said:
Lots of work needed on the Oline .

I say so, i saw a holding called on bama. Never seen that before. :stir: Ever notice they dont show many bama oline replays but when they do there are multiple holds going on.

baddnole

Ronnie Harrison sent a message to Francois saying he hopes for a quick recovery and wanted him to know he was sorry for the injury, but it was not intentional.

Classy thing for Harrison to do. :tu:

PalsPal

You can't give Bama short fields with turnovers and blocked punts and expect to have a chance.

It would have been interesting had the blatant pass interference been called before the h a l.

Zulu

PalsPal":2gjvs2m0 said:
It would have been interesting had the blatant pass interference been called before the h a l.

I guess 24-14 is a bit more interesting than 24-7. Still would have covered the spread.

baddnole

Zulu":1c58hlg4 said:
PalsPal":1c58hlg4 said:

I guess 24-14 is a bit more interesting than 24-7. Still would have covered the spread.
Zulu you know everything changes with this(if TD is scored). Probably doesn't end 24-14. Who can tell with momentum?
After this maybe the play call change on both sides. At this time Bama clearly won.

Zulu

baddnole":27t9gxk2 said:
Zulu you know everything changes with this(if TD is scored). Probably doesn't end 24-14. Who can tell with momentum?
After this maybe the play call change on both sides. At this time Bama clearly won.

We can what-if this thing 'til the cows come home, and yes, likely-as-not the score would have been something other than 24-14, but I don't think there would have been that much of a change.

Honestly, I don't see the no-call/blocked kick as a momentum changer. The fact is that the FSU offense came out looking good. BAM-BAM-BAM three 1st downs and a quick drive to the Bama 35. I was honestly getting concerned, thinking the end of the half had p!$$ed the 'Noles off and fired them up. Looking back, that big sack on Francois that forced the punt was probably the momentum-changer. If not, the blocked punt on the next series definitely was.

I hate to see a bad call, particularly one that affects the outcome of the game, but given how the second half turned out, I don't see this particular no-call as an outcome changer.

On an unrelated note, hat's off to Jimbo for a class-act post game press conference.

Also, if anyone looks to blame the refs as being pro-Bama, it was a BIG-10 crew calling the game. Scioto?

Scioto

I asked the question after the PI was missed about what conf the refs were from.

Big Ten refs are just as bad or just as good as those from other conferences.

Zulu

Scioto":373zshnk said:
I asked the question after the PI was missed about what conf the refs were from.

Big Ten refs are just as bad or just as good as those from other conferences.

B-10 makes the most sense to me in a SEC-ACC matchup. Except for the missed PI, I think they called a pretty good game overall. I was especially glad that they had the 'nads to reverse the late hit/possible targeting call against Minkah Fitzpatrick in the 4th. Minkah's the real deal and I sure don't want to see him out for a game.

I'm really glad it wasn't a Big-12 crew. I think they're the worst. Just look harshly at a receiver in that pass-happy conference and they'll call interference.

Scioto

That was the correct decision to pick up the flag. Not close to a late hit out of bounds.

The missed PI call was bad, but I agree had no effect on the outcome of the game.

At Sport Clips with the son for a haircut. Replay of the game is playing. FSU's lone TD drive. Whatever adjustments Pruitt made after this drive, FSU had no answer.

Latest posts