Alabama turkey hunting

elknturkey

AT Hiker":1bpzradj said:
Any gobbling reports at or near Choccolocco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been here since Saturday and have not heard a gobble. Called in 14 hens this morning and not a gobbler in sight. Called in some solo hens yesterday and had 2 Jake's come in silent that I let walk. The private land is absolutely choked full of birds. If there's a green field there's turkeys in it. Very little sign on the wma or national forest from what I've seen. It's hot! I will give it a few more days then I'm heading north or south

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

elknturkey":nsgbjo9f said:
AT Hiker":nsgbjo9f said:
Any gobbling reports at or near Choccolocco?

I've been here since Saturday and have not heard a gobble. Called in 14 hens this morning and not a gobbler in sight. Called in some solo hens yesterday and had 2 Jake's come in silent that I let walk. The private land is absolutely choked full of birds. If there's a green field there's turkeys in it. Very little sign on the wma or national forest from what I've seen. It's hot! I will give it a few more days then I'm heading north or south

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat. Dead silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

Still no gobbles for me this morning. This is getting old. Good view though.
2bcefde15c22197ae7133feed06e550b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elknturkey

Andy S.":442gw2lk said:
Congrats elknturkey! Did he come in solo?
Yes sir. Solo. He was trying to run and strut at the time. It was about comical. I pulled my shot a little low if the feathers are any indication. He was about to run by my last opening so I dusted him. Everyone I've talked to is having a tough time. Just not hearing any gobbling

Andy S.

elknturkey":1mn9old9 said:
Everyone I've talked to is having a tough time. Just not hearing any gobbling
Definitely frustrating, but just as you showed today, the right bird at the right moment can turn the tides in an instant. Congrats again for staying with them. Keep us updated on how the rest of the week goes. I enjoy getting updates from the hunters who are already hunting further south.

AT Hiker

Nice bird! I was told this morning that some birds were making noise down there. Im headed there this weekend, just in time for the rain and cold weather....

Latest posts