• Help Support TNDeer:

Alabama dropping federal unemployment bonus

Wiley

June 19th is the cutoff in Alabama fro the extra free money from the feds. I'm glad this is finally happening. Now the ultimatum/firm date needs to be given for the lazy masses to get their asses back to work before the state cuts them off.

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

ImThere

It will probably turn the state blue over night. I think it’s a terrible career choice for Alabama politicians. I can hear the ads running now. Alabama Republican law makers refuse to give Alabamians the money they desperately need and deserve even though it’s available from the federal government.

Wiley

It will probably turn the state blue over night. I think it’s a terrible career choice for Alabama politicians. I can hear the ads running now. Alabama Republican law makers refuse to give Alabamians the money they desperately need and deserve even though it’s available from the federal government.
How long do you think this should drag on? Should people be able to claim fear of a 99%+ survivable virus forever and just continue to sit on their asses and live off the government? I don’t think so. I applaud the decision to cut the federal money off. Sooner is better than later.

And as far as a “terrible career choice”, career politicians need to be sent packing anyway.

ImThere

First. I didn’t say I disagree

Second, how many states can we lose before we have no choice?

Third vote them out if you don’t approve of career politicians

prstide

In my opinion, the people that are going to vote conservative have jobs and aren’t likely receiving the benefit anyways.

Coker

How long do you think this should drag on? Should people be able to claim fear of a 99%+ survivable virus forever and just continue to sit on their asses and live off the government? I don’t think so. I applaud the decision to cut the federal money off. Sooner is better than later.

And as far as a “terrible career choice”, career politicians need to be sent packing anyway.
Couldn't agree more. If you don't want to work and are able, then don't expect the gov't (and the working class tax dollars) to keep you afloat. There is nothing worse than laziness.
I hope many states will follow Alabama. There is a desperate need for workers right now in every market and no one wants the job. Its pathetic. Thank your local liberal politician for keeping America down.

MUP

Supporter
They'll need more job training now, bc they've likely forgotten how to do their jobs they had before the pandemic. Cue the goobermint to spend even more...

iowavf

They'll need more job training now, bc they've likely forgotten how to do their jobs they had before the pandemic. Cue the goobermint to spend even more...
Ya like another 5% to help the people and the other 95% to fund government projects in the name of covid stimulus!

sun

This is a recipe that will turn some people away from Trumpism.
Those who lean toward the GOP may end up voting for more moderate GOP candidates in the primaries for state offices.
Removing the extra Federal money from the state and local economy can hurt businesses at a time when the Fed. is trying to strengthen the economy and aid the recovery.
If you owned a business in a small town and personally knew people who were being hurt by this policy, and saw it affecting your business, you wouldn't be happy about it.
The additional profit generated by the Federal benefit would help to pay a few Dollars more to hire the needed employees, or to help retain employees.
In the free market, the more successful businesses can afford to pay higher wages to lure employees away from the lower paying jobs down the street.

Last edited:

waynesworld

That is funny all the business owners that I have talked to love this. They are tired of not being able to run at full capacity and getting back to normal. People working will always put more money in the economy. There is no additional profit from the federal handout it is just a loan the the business and taxpayers will be paying back.

sun

That is funny all the business owners that I have talked to love this. They are tired of not being able to run at full capacity and getting back to normal. People working will always put more money in the economy. There is no additional profit from the federal handout it is just a loan the the business and taxpayers will be paying back.
It's not a loan at all.
The American Rescue Plan and Cares Act II provides a supplement of $300 per week in addition to one's regular unemployment compensation benefit.
This money goes directly into the economy and local businesses.
People use it to buy food and services and to pay bills.

My state also has a shared work provision that allows an employee who has their hours reduced by 10% - 60% to collect a partial unemployment insurance check.
In that way it also helps employers retain their employees during an economic slowdown.
Over 1,300 companies and 24,000 workers used this shared work benefit in CT in the last 6 months.
The unemployment money paid through this program is reimbursed by the Federal Gov't,, so in effect it's a business and worker subsidy.
AFAIK self employed people are also eligible to collect unemployment compensation benefits.

Last edited:

waynesworld

You don't get it this is a loan we have to pay back for people not to work. People need to go to work, work is not a loan it generates revenue. If people were given the option to borrow money that they will be forced to pay back or go to work the labor shortage would go away. But because the borrowing is getting done by the Fed's then people stay on the gravy train. More people go to work more jobs open up. Tell me one job that can not open up now in TN? This is just political BS. If you are so ate up with giving your money away then so be it but forcing everyone else to pay for this is crap.

Greg .

Whhhooooooooooshhhhhhh!!!

iu

sun

If you are so ate up with giving your money away then so be it but forcing everyone else to pay for this is crap.
The GOP voted for this same thing in the first stimulus bill when Trump was President.
This is a simple discussion yet you want to blame anyone with a different opinion.
If people have a mortgage, car and insurance payments and kids, they need to find a job that pays enough to cover their bills.
If the unemployment benefit covers their bills until they can find a job comparable to what they lost, then that's why the Fed. provides the benefit.
Some businesses have closed down permanently and now their owners are out of work and they can't even sell the business.
That's why what some of these states are doing isn't advisable for every other state, and can even backfire in their own state.
Time will tell.

waynesworld

I don't care who started what the facts are there are business that need people to work. But instead of working they are collecting unemployment. Will the new jobs pay for the high house payment new car payment insurance payments because they lived out of there means and have not reigned in the last year. That is choices they made so yes they may have to sell there house which the prices are high and sell the new truck which prices are high and pay off the bills and buy a small house. O and some may have to get roommates and share cost of housing so what that is life. People go after the big money when times are going good and keep spending not paying off debt and then when something happens they want everyone to pay for it. Yes some business closed and will have to sell off or go though bankruptcy but that is life. The people who have been in business a long time know life is hard as a business owner but it was a choice they took. My dad was one most of my life, I chose not to because of the uncertain things that can happen.
You and your state can keep on the milk, I hope TN gets off it and starts to eat real soon.

Greg .

wHo'S gOnNa paY My bIllS?

.. cAUsE it AiN't GonNA bE Me!!!

Attachments

Latest posts