• Help Support TNDeer:

Airlines Crack Down on "Emotional Support Animals"

1 good shot

I once sat by a lady who couldn’t lower her tray table because of her stature. She just sat her drink, etc. on her stomach. She had the aisle seat, and I needed to pee! Bad! No way I was gonna ask her to get up and let me out! Pretty miserable flight.....and she had to cram all that into one seat! And yes, there was an aroma!
Wait till you're seated in the middle of a family from Pakistan that brought their own food for 7 hours. Then you can talk miserable. I am am like Quint in jaws when he talks about going in the water with sharks. I will never fly standby again

Last edited:
Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Crappieaddict

Wait till you're seated in the middle of a family from Pakistan that brought their own food for 7 hours. Then you can talk miserable. I am am like Quint in jaws when he talks about going in the water with sharks. I will never fly standby again
Farewell and Adieu my dear Spanish ladies.....wasn’t that the song he sang? Never had Pakistani food. Never had the desire!

BMan

The one

They got 2 full seats. The kicker was they always wanted to sit where the emergency exits were because there was a little more room there.
That wasn't going to happen. There was no official policy on that but if you sold a half seat the computer would mysteriously block out that row

That's interesting, because the emergency exit rows have hard-sided individual seats; that's the main reason I NEVER book one. I don't need more space, but I also don't like that "sit in a box" feeling.

BMan

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I had an overweight older female who took half my seat I could not find my seat belt and I for SURE was not going searching under a Momma Whale. I told FA I needed to move and this poor lady threw herself onto one hip and the FA gagged on a laugh and I said that was very nice of you Mam but That doesn't look comfortable I will move, it is not a problem.

Was on one flight where myself and the two other guys in the same row all had broad shoulders - heck, one of them could have been a college linebacker. Plane was completely full, and we all had to sit at about a 20 degree angle or we wouldn't have fit - fortunately it was just a short hop.

Hunter 257W

I saw one of the miniature horses on a leash in I think it was the Charlotte, NC airport not that long before the plague hit us and stopped travel. I can't imagine that getting on a plane. People have gone completely off their rocker.

Tenntrapper

Admittedly, I didn't read the article, but I have a question.
How are they going to enforce this "policy"? It is my understanding that it is illegal to ask for "documentation" about service animal. Or, even what purpose it serves. Of course I could be wrong, but I read something about it...a year or so ago. Something about the Americans with Disabilities Act...or something like that. Said the whole thing got out of control because businesses aren't even allowed to ask if it's legit.

Tenntrapper

i just wish theyd keep them out of the walmart grocery section.
My wife works at WM. They have a guy that comes in regularly, with a ... Service monkey.
Truth if the matter is..he has a "pet shop" in an area flea market. He stands just inside the double doors..so everyone can see, and ask questions..I guess. I think it's a BS attempt at free exposure.

gatodoc

Yeah the only advantage is more leg room and more responsibility in that seat.
I got the emergency row isle one flight. I’d boarded early and immediately read the brochure on emergency procedures. It said the emergency door weighed 70#. I then picked up my novel to read. A geriatric feeble couple with canes and h
earing aids next set in middle and window seats with the little hubby at the window.

the fa came down and asked if we were comfortable in that row. She had to repeat the questions for the couple a few times. Apparently she didn’t feel I was giving her enough attention so she asked if I knew what to do in emergency. I said sure. She cops an attitude and says ok what do you do?

I leaned up to her and whispered first thing I do is move these poor folks outta my way so I can jerk open that 70# door and assist passengers onto the wing. I said it quietly so as not to embarrass my dear mates but I was concerned they were seated there.
FA glares at me and says she can move me to another seat. I said you better not cause as of now I’m your only hope if there is an emergency.

moondawg

The rebel in me wants to carry a snake around in a bag like this guy
alice cooper wrestling GIF by WWE

Safari Hunt

I had lunch with a friend who has been a dog trainer for 40 years. He said that in order to have a dog for emotional assistance, etc., there had to be a letter from a doctor confirming the need for the highly trained dog.

Latest posts