Age this brute...,

CrossVolle

WGI_0040.JPG
MFDC2003.JPG
WGI_0028.JPG
WGI_0029.JPG
WGI_0030.JPG

CrossVolle

If you pass him now, you have better restraint than me. With that being said, nothing wrong with letting him walk if you choose to do so. Good luck with him
Oh i would shank him this year. Just not sure how much more time ill be able to spend up there. Just got back from a 7 day grinder.

CrossVolle

Let me be clear….I would never pass that deer!

With that being said, possible booner when fully mature
I couldn't either unless it was on a piece of property you and just a couple more guys could really manage. That deer could've been 200 inches at 6 imo.

ROVERBOY

I'd say at least 4.5 maybe 5.5 years old. He's really thick and most don't get like that in 2 or 3 years old.

DeerCamp

Oh i would shank him this year. Just not sure how much more time ill be able to spend up there. Just got back from a 7 day grinder.
Another interesting thing. I bet you this deer rarely fights. Fighting is dangerous and research has shown the oldest bucks often avoid it - it's a lot of energy and a lot of danger.

This does not look like the kind of rack that would handle heavy clashing well. But I love the shape and structure of it.

Which makes it all that more special if you can take him with rack intact.

CrossVolle

Another interesting thing. I bet you this deer rarely fights. Fighting is dangerous and research has shown the oldest bucks often avoid it - it's a lot of energy and a lot of danger.

This does not look like the kind of rack that would handle heavy clashing well. But I love the shape and structure of it.

Which makes it all that more special if you can take him with rack intact.
Yes he is funky. He seems like a deer that would be a little different in hand than a picture could show. He looks like a Dodge Caravan with antlers.

Latest posts