Afternoon Bird- Frist of Season

DeerWhisperer

Been a rough season so far for me. Not much activity and very little gobbing except opening weekend. Had a chance to go Saturday afternoon, go to my normal starting point and had just sat down, this bird starting gobbling like crazy on this own. A few light calls and him and his buddy came in on a string, came about 200 yards, came in stutting and gobbling. It took a few minutes for them to seperate. Entire hunt lasted about 20 minutes. It is nice when they act like they are supposed to. This was at 2:30 in the afternoon.

10.5 " beard
19.3 lbs
3/4" spurs.

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 68

WilcoKen

Been a rough season so far for me. Not much activity and very little gobbing except opening weekend. Had a chance to go Saturday afternoon, go to my normal starting point and had just sat down, this bird starting gobbling like crazy on this own. A few light calls and him and his buddy came in on a string, came about 200 yards, came in stutting and gobbling. It took a few minutes for them to seperate. Entire hunt lasted about 20 minutes. It is nice when they act like they are supposed to. This was at 2:30 in the afternoon.

10.5 " beard
19.3 lbs
3/4" spurs.
That sounds like my kind of hunt! Just not had one like that this year. Congratulations!

Fatboy99

1-2:30 is always prime afternoon hunts in my neck of woods
Usually they gobble and you better sit down and have gun ready as it's gonna be over quickly

Latest posts