Aftermarket stocks

GOODWIN

Need some insight. I'm working on a 7mm-08 build off a Rem 700. The only aftermarket stock that I have purchased recently was B&C. I'm wanting a lightweight build and will probably stick with factory countour barrel or slightly larger. What's your thoughts on Grayboe, HS Precesion, Mesa, etc?

I'd like to stay with a fiberglass stock with bedding block or at least pillar bedded. $300-600 range.

megalomaniac

If you are going ultralight, see if you can find one of the old Rem 700 mountain titanium stocks. They were made by Bell and Carlson, but were surprisingly high quality and extremely lightweight.

I bought 3 of them from Numrich about a decade ago for $70 each. They typically bring $200 or so on the used market.

IIRC, you will still need to install pillars and skim bed.

rifle02

I've had some experience with grayboe stocks that customers supplied for me to work on. I was not all that impressed with them But they are the lowest priced of the ones you mentioned. The nicest ultralight that I have personal experience with is the McMillan Edge. They seem to be exceptional quality But a little pricey in my opinion.

Woodman

I've been pleased with the HS Precision stocks ...... the pic below is of my .30-06 and .243 with the HSP stocks. I've had both of these HSP stocks for years and the top one (on the .30-06) has been on two different rifles.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_dc.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_dc.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Latest posts